What's new

Is vaping proving to be more expensive than you expected?

Is vaping proving to be more expensive than you expected?

• Total voters
I go through phases, sometimes I'll be really into it buying new tanks/mods all the time, trying different juices, coils etc, and other times I'll go a year or more without trying anything new. I definitely spend more than I have to but what's the point in working everyday if you can't enjoy nice things every now and again.

I think what it costs is down to the person, i will admit i have spent a small fortune on Vape Gear but ultimately that had been my choice aside from vendors selling for silly prices. I think i have finally reached that point where i look and nothing out there is interesting me anymore. If something is a bargain then i might be tempted but other than that i will finally stop buying i think.

No and it's never cost me more than smoking.

When I first started I allowed myself to spend my cigarette money on vaping but I rarely did.

These days I spend next to nothing on vaping, other than essential consumables.

These days I spend next to nothing on vaping, other than essential consumables.

I just worked out that I am spending less than £10 a year on coils and wicking. My only real vaping spend now is juice, which is about £15 a month. If I was still smoking it would be about £140 a month.

The thing with vaping is it gave me lots more disposable income so if money started getting too tight I could carry on vaping for £10-12 a month if I wanted. Instead, the extra money has allowed me to buy a good variety of different vape kit and experiment with different things. That has allowed me to learn far more and find what gives me the best possible vape to suit what I most enjoy.

I've reached a point now where I've got more vape hardware than I'll ever need and I can't really do much more to make my vape any better than it is now. Undoubtedly, I could have done things far more cheaply if I wanted to but I've really enjoyed the journey to get my vape to where it is now and I'm still far more better off than I would have been smoking cigarrettes.

Back
Top Bottom