What's new

Is vaping proving to be more expensive than you expected?

Is vaping proving to be more expensive than you expected?

• Total voters
Taking parsimonious to the extreme, reminds me, there's nae pockets on a shroud...
You're better keeping them away from extremes. Keep them at room temperature until soft, then you get that lovely custard flavour from the fruit.

I have been vaping 10yrs in 2024 and have saved a fortune in that time! That being said I have so much 'stuff' that I wouldn't need to buy anything else for years but I just love the hobby side of things so can fiddle to my hearts content!

Nope. I could spend up to £45 a week on packets of Golden Virginia
I coulnt spend that on juice in a week
Everything else is just shinyitis and hobby

Save your breath ...seems the OP hasn't returned to see any of your opinions or the results of his Poll

Save your breath ...seems the OP hasn't returned to see any of your opinions or the results of his Poll

It’s nice to see a bit of discussion going on though, the forum’s so quiet these days :)

I spent a lot in the first few years - and I didn’t care because I was smoking myself to death before I started vaping. Finding a juice I could vape for more than a few hours was my biggest hurdle, I wasted a lot of money trying all sorts. I was content to get by with basic kit at the start, it was around 18 months in when constantly charging ego batteries got annoying.

I have a lot of gear now, because I go through phases of shinyitis, and I do enjoy a bit of tinkering. I could’ve gotten by with about 5% of the hardware I have, if I’d needed to keep costs down. About 90% of my liquid and maybe 50% of my coils are made myself, so that keeps those costs right down.

I like to think that there is a reason for having everything that I have, but as I`ve moved on there is inevitably some gear that, whilst not obsolete, isn`t used as much yet I could still find use for another dual cell squonker, just in case my topside claps out.

I find the most annoying thing about me buying something new is buying say a Mod, then not opening it for 6 months. And this is a Mod that i really really needed. There are certain ones where i have sat waiting for the Postie to arrive but they are rare. I think that's why i have been ordering from China (Mainly from Ali Express), i used to be so impatient i hated waiting, i used to order from China then 2 hours later realised i couldn't wait that long and cancelled, funny thing is i then had to wait 7 to 10 Days for my refund and by that time the item would probably been delivered. More recently i am more like the Apes who have always said it comes when it comes.

H

Hi, I am not a regular here, but I have been a member for many years. I like many of you, have a life beyond the groups ;) I have a daughter who needs caring, plus a small business, so I rarely have time for much else, hence why I haven't been back. Nevertheless, I am interested in people's thoughts and opinions. I have read many of them.

I found that many people were comparing the savings they were making to cigs. And they are right to compare. I suppose that's where I might have had a slightly different situation. I am almost 50 now. In the first decade, I found it almost impossible to give up cigarettes. However, once I won my battle, I could stop and start at will; something in my wiring changed. So, I didn't move from cigarettes to vapes, although I used to smoke cigs once upon a time. Even though I stopped smoking cigarettes, I never had issues with people smoking in front of me as many ex-smokers have, and I do understand the difficulty. Even nowadays, if I am with a friend who smokes cigarettes, and they want me to join them for one, I would, but very occasionally, and it wouldn't bother me. I just don't like the smell nowadays.

So, I was comparing vaping costs with not vaping costs. I realise that I wasn't probably being fair as the vast majority of people are not in my situation.

I am also very particular about my juice and tanks, and it's not simply about quality; I have to like the taste I get from it. I suppose that may apply to most people. However, because of my life stage, I would go to extreme lengths and wouldn't let money stop me if something was important to me. So, in the early days, I was buying mods that cost close to £160 to £200, from what I remember. And the high-end ones in the early days were very expensive. I can't remember how long I have been vaping, but I figure it must be coming to 10 years now.

What matters most is your health, whether you enjoy it, and then money. But honestly, I have felt the cost more recently than ever. I only realised the full cost when I added a few months up recently. I was a bit surprised. Having said that, I do still enjoy it, mostly.

I’ve been DIYing liquid for about 9 1/2 years which works out about £150 a year so that side of it is cheap but I’ve spent thousands on devices and atties. More-so in the earlier days when new things came out by the day and I was constantly searching for the ultimate vape. Nowadays there’s far less released and I try to buy smarter after watching extensive reviews (even foreign language ones lol) and try and buy things after the hype so they’re a bit cheaper. I bought an aspire Kumo yesterday for £22 shipped which is reasonable to me and I fancy a Dicodes qi or micro as never used a Dicodes chip but will save for one of those and wait for more feedback on them. Vaping is more of a hobby to me than anything so don’t mind spending when I fancy something.

Back
Top Bottom