What's new

10ml TPD eliquid nicotine content - Salt vs Freebase

That should be illegal. The exact amount of liquid, either in weight or volume. Should be shown on any bottle sold. Like buying an lb of spuds, but only getting 12 ounces because they’re using a smaller bag now.

It’s always been my view that this is the most common bit of sharp practice, you get in vaping. Aside from how many sellers claim the U.K. guarantee, is only 28 days, on new gear.
My understanding of the Shortfill practice is the eliquid amount is specified. Whenever I've bought them I always question whether the amount specified is the eliquid amount or bottle size.

My understanding of the Shortfill practice is the eliquid amount is specified. Whenever I've bought them I always question whether the amount specified is the eliquid amount or bottle size.
I’ve some juice here, from flawless. That doesn’t even have the pg/vg % never mind tell you if the 50ml, you’ve bought, is a 60 shortfill a straight 50, or would be 50 after adding nic.
It’s by no means all. But it shouldn’t be any, at all.

I’ve some juice here, from flawless. That doesn’t even have the pg/vg % never mind tell you if the 50ml, you’ve bought, is a 60 shortfill a straight 50, or would be 50 after adding nic.
Doesnt sound good does it. I will be honest and say I only buy one brand of shortfill and that has the PG/VG ratio and the ml. After measuring the eliquid I worked out the ml was the amount of eliquid and not the bottle size.

That should be illegal. The exact amount of liquid, either in weight or volume. Should be shown on any bottle sold. Like buying an lb of spuds, but only getting 12 ounces because they’re using a smaller bag now.

It’s always been my view that this is the most common bit of sharp practice, you get in vaping. Aside from how many sellers claim the U.K. guarantee, is only 28 days, on new gear.

If it says 50ml on the bottle and it has space for 10ml nicshot, then you end up with 60ml at 3mg with an 18mg nicshot. I don't know about the 40ml to make 50ml, I suspect that was a red herring...

This one is naughty. It's 100ml shortfill, clearly stated in the listing. The bottle says 120ml though, and that's obviously final size. Don't know if the very small print states that...

upload_2023-1-15_12-22-2.png

This one is naughty. It's 100ml shortfill, clearly stated in the listing. The bottle says 120ml though, and that's obviously final size. Don't know if the very small print states that...

View attachment 305660
A shame that PG/VG ratio, bottle size and e-liquid amount is not specified on EVERY bottle. Would make life easier.
I will mention I do buy the odd shortfill bottle because they are great for diy mixing when they're empty lol.

i think it might be because in the uk freebase nic concentrate is generally 72mg. stronger than this requires a special licence. so, 18 divides nicely into 72, as does 12, 6, 3.

nic salt started in america, where 100mg nic is common.

i think it might be because in the uk freebase nic concentrate is generally 72mg. stronger than this requires a special licence. so, 18 divides nicely into 72, as does 12, 6, 3.

nic salt started in america, where 100mg nic is common.
That’s an excuse, I’d suggest. Not a reason for.
that shouldn’t stop the maker putting, exactly, the amount contained on each label. Ie 60ml short fill 50ml liquid contents.

also stating 120ml but a bottle only containing only 100, is fraud. Quite apart from anything else. Can you see Heinz getting away with a tin of baked beans, advertised as 300g, but only actually containing 250g because they want you to add 50ml of water to the can, as you heat it.

You could always mix your own if your favourite flavours are available in concentrate form as you can mix it just how you want it using freebase or nic salts and save money.

That’s an excuse, I’d suggest. Not a reason for.
that shouldn’t stop the maker putting, exactly, the amount contained on each label. Ie 60ml short fill 50ml liquid contents.

also stating 120ml but a bottle only containing only 100, is fraud. Quite apart from anything else. Can you see Heinz getting away with a tin of baked beans, advertised as 300g, but only actually containing 250g because they want you to add 50ml of water to the can, as you heat it.

ah, i was relying to the OPs initial question about the difference in nic strengths available.

i never buy shortfills but i think there is a lot of shenanigans around them.

Back
Top Bottom