What's new

10ml TPD eliquid nicotine content - Salt vs Freebase

just a note, we dont state the volume on some of the newer labels, this was done to make production that little bit quicker, rather than having to load up different files we can just print a run and they are used on both 100's and 50's but if this is a thing that people really care about then we could introduce the sizes on the labels again.

Honestly didn't think it would be a point of contention

I've just checked a few I have..... Digby's state 50ml
Jack Rabbit state 50ml
Brews Bros (longfill) state 28/60ml which means there is 28ml in the bottle.
Manabush state 50ml approx
Unreal Raspberry lines state 100ml.
What we do do .. for SEO purposes is in the text on the website clearly state that is "10ml in a 30ml bottle" or 50ml in a 60ml bottle etc - but we refer to them both as 50ml Shortfills and 60ml shortfills ... purely for SEO purposes ... because people search for both! and I cant see another way around that.

I carefully pointed out it was not all. however, it’s is happening.
What’s wrong with accepting that fact, and acting to stop it. However widespread it may be?
If we don’t try and tidy up our own house. We can hardly complain if legislators choose too.

let’s look at Flawless purchased Ohm Baked juice. The bottle says 50ml shortfill. So, is it 50ml of liquid, or is that the eventual capacity, after nic is added. If it’s 50ml of liquid, it’s not a shortfill. If it’s 50ml after nic, the original volume must be listed. This juice doesn’t even have the pg-vg% listed, either.

It would help if a net search was informative.

but the description of a short fill, you find, depends on the site.
Some say a shortfill is whatever is stated on the bottle minus 20%. To leave room for nic. Others say that whatever is stated on the bottle, before your nic is added.

whatever is stated on the bottle. The listing by the retailer, should be clear and accurate.

What’s wrong with accepting that fact, and acting to stop it. However widespread it may be?
If we don’t try and tidy up our own house. We can hardly complain if legislators choose too.

let’s look at Flawless purchased Ohm Baked juice. The bottle says 50ml shortfill. So, is it 50ml of liquid, or is that the eventual capacity, after nic is added. If it’s 50ml of liquid, it’s not a shortfill. If it’s 50ml after nic, the original volume must be listed. This juice doesn’t even have the pg-vg% listed, either.

Some say a shortfill is whatever is stated on the bottle minus 20%. To leave room for nic. Others say that whatever is stated on the bottle, before your nic is added.

whatever is stated on the bottle. The listing by the retailer, should be clear and accurate.

I think some manufacturers take it as a given that we know 50ml content (stated on the label) in a 60ml bottle is a shorfill.
Would you rather they put 50ml in a 50ml bottle? then we have to faff about buying 60ml bottles n the like

I do get your point - and you are right in that the bottle should state the content actually in it at time of purpose for sure.

Its gets more difficult I guess in descriptions .. with it being such a variable product (differing people doing differing amounts etc.

i think it might be because in the uk freebase nic concentrate is generally 72mg. stronger than this requires a special licence. so, 18 divides nicely into 72, as does 12, 6, 3.

nic salt started in america, where 100mg nic is common.

I have managed to get my hands on 100mg once, post-TPD. I've been searching for it for months to acquire again but no joy. I want 20mg salt juice but cant be bothered with mixing anymore and premade 10s are waaaay too expensive for what it is. Might bite the bullet and go 6mg freebase, 6mg salt... Try anything once.

As it's only been mentioned briefly in passing, have you considered long-fills and bottle shots? Those are both highly concentrated mixtures and made to take far higher dilutions.

As it's only been mentioned briefly in passing, have you considered long-fills and bottle shots? Those are both highly concentrated mixtures and made to take far higher dilutions.
I haven’t considered that - I came across long fills the other day when I ordered some short fills, but didn’t pursue it any further.
I’ve ordered some “standard” 3mg (1x10ml nic shot per 50ml) short fills and will see how I get on with them. As I said, I may be being concerned over something that turns out not to be a concern.
I’m in the process of using up the multitude of so-so juices I have accumulated before I start using new stuff.
Thank you for the pointer.

Back
Top Bottom