What's new

10ml TPD eliquid nicotine content - Salt vs Freebase

The whole point of short-fills was to get around the stupid TRPR legislation. They’re not regulated (yet) in any way: it’s a loophole - since they don’t contain nic, the legislation doesn’t cover them at all. They could be mixed in someone’s bathtub for all you know. Different companies do it in different ways, but usually you get 50ml in a 60ml bottle (add 1 nic shot to get 3mg) or 100ml in a 120ml bottle (add 2 shots for 3mg). Some of us only ever buy them to add our own nic to make a stronger liquid :13:

One way to boost the nicotine level of shortfills is to add a nic shot and a 10ml 20mg or 18mg bottle of flavoured MTL juice to it.

I've done this a few times to make a juice for RDL vaping as regular 10 or 20mg juice is too strong for me for RDL and I can't vape Freebase above 3mg as it gives me a sore throat - you will need a larger bottle as obviously a 50ml shortfill won't hold 70ml but that is about it. The resulting juice will be somewhere between 5 to 6ml (I'm too dumb to work it out) but you could easily add an extra bottle (or an extra half a bottle) if you believe 5 to 6 won't be enough, and gradually lower the amount of nic if you want to.

I only vape fruit flavours - I try to use the same brand/flavours to do this, but I have tried mixing same flavours from different brands with no problems.

One way to boost the nicotine level of shortfills is to add a nic shot and a 10ml 20mg or 18mg bottle of flavoured MTL juice to it.

I've done this a few times to make a juice for RDL vaping as regular 10 or 20mg juice is too strong for me for RDL and I can't vape Freebase above 3mg as it gives me a sore throat - you will need a larger bottle as obviously a 50ml shortfill won't hold 70ml but that is about it. The resulting juice will be somewhere between 5 to 6ml (I'm too dumb to work it out) but you could easily add an extra bottle (or an extra half a bottle) if you believe 5 to 6 won't be enough, and gradually lower the amount of nic if you want to.

I only vape fruit flavours - I try to use the same brand/flavours to do this, but I have tried mixing same flavours from different brands with no problems.
That’s a neat idea - thanks.
I’m pretty good with “straight” maths, but vape-mixing-maths is up there with quantum mechanics for me ;)
I’ll start googling Gorilla bottles

That should be illegal. The exact amount of liquid, either in weight or volume. Should be shown on any bottle sold. Like buying an lb of spuds, but only getting 12 ounces because they’re using a smaller bag now.

It’s always been my view that this is the most common bit of sharp practice, you get in vaping. Aside from how many sellers claim the U.K. guarantee, is only 28 days, on new gear.
Our 120ml sized bottles say “100ml” as in contains 100ml on the side, why should that be illegal ? Most companies do the same

Our 120ml sized bottles say “100ml” as in contains 100ml on the side, why should that be illegal ? Most companies do the same
It shouldn’t be. But, the true volume, by law, should be listed on the label. It’s a item sold by volume. Who buys something by volume, when the true volume is unknown.

“120 short fill, 100ml contents”. Not hard to show, really. Yet many makers don’t.

I find the resistance, many retailers and makers have, to the suggestion that the real volume should be shown on eliquid bottles very revealing.

why on earth would someone want to hide the true volume of a product, sold by volume, I wonder?

This isn’t aimed at you, I wouldn’t know as I don’t buy your products, anyway, but I can’t imagine your company acting that way. it is, however, a valid observation, about general eliquid supplies sold in the U.K.

The whole point of short-fills was to get around the stupid TRPR legislation. They’re not regulated (yet) in any way: it’s a loophole - since they don’t contain nic, the legislation doesn’t cover them at all. They could be mixed in someone’s bathtub for all you know. Different companies do it in different ways, but usually you get 50ml in a 60ml bottle (add 1 nic shot to get 3mg) or 100ml in a 120ml bottle (add 2 shots for 3mg). Some of us only ever buy them to add our own nic to make a stronger liquid :13:

This hits the nail on the head

It shouldn’t be. But, the true volume, by law, should be listed on the label. It’s a item sold by volume. Who buys something by volume, when the true volume is unknown.

“120 short fill, 100ml contents”. Not hard to show, really. Yet many makers don’t.

I find the resistance, many retailers and makers have, to the suggestion that the real volume should be shown on eliquid bottles very revealing.

why on earth would someone want to hide the true volume of a product, sold by volume, I wonder?

This isn’t aimed at you, I wouldn’t know as I don’t buy your products, anyway, but I can’t imagine your company acting that way. it is, however, a valid observation, about general eliquid supplies sold in the U.K.
What we do do .. for SEO purposes is in the text on the website clearly state that is "10ml in a 30ml bottle" or 50ml in a 60ml bottle etc - but we refer to them both as 50ml Shortfills and 60ml shortfills ... purely for SEO purposes ... because people search for both! and I cant see another way around that.

I've just checked a few I have..... Digby's state 50ml
Jack Rabbit state 50ml
Brews Bros (longfill) state 20/60ml which means there is 20ml in the bottle.
Manabush state 50ml approx
Unreal Raspberry lines state 100ml.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom