What's new

3D printed mods, yay or nay?

I'm by no means a mod snob, I'm currently vaping using an Aspire Mixx but I really like the mod and got a couple of them for i think £30 each but they feel like quality devices imho because they are metal and have a bit of heft to them. I think id feel disappointed with a 3D printed mod regardless of price point
the mixx is a quality mod though, been using mine constantly since i got it a while ago. only 25 quid and it is solid.

Yay for me. A well done, well designed 3D print works for me every time. Got to be the right (quality) material but done right they are portably light, surprisingly durable and, in my view, some of the best designed products around at the moment. I’d definitely say give one a try if you really like the look of it

Last edited:
Yay for me. A well done, well designed 3D print works for me every time. Got to be the right (quality) material but done right they are portably light, surprisingly durable and, in my view, some of the best designed products around at the moment. I’d definitely say give one a try if you really like the look of it
Some of the designs do look really good I agree. Do the good quality ones scuff at all?

I’ve got a Rebel DNA75 21700. It’s nice and lightweight when in the pocket and it’s made out of PA12 nano dyed nylon so it won’t fade with constant use unlike my older Rebel DNA75 26650 which has faded badly cause it’s just a PA11 base nylon which was dyed after printing. They’re quite strong so they can take a little punishment. I paid about £100 for mine from Esauce and it is using an older DNA75 board unlike the Rebel DNA75C which is £155 in Alley Black or the Rebel DNA100C which is £165 in Alley Black.

In short, Rebels are decent work horses although a little pricy but cheaper than Ginger Vaper.

Growing up, anything made of plastic was considered cheap crap. The idea of paying so much for a piece of plastic is rather galling, even though I do understand that there are design and other production costs. And even though I can’t stand him, Jai Haze has done a breakdown of the actual costs and absurd markup for these devices. If I’m going to choose between a new tv and a mod, it’s going to be stabwood, stunning and functional :D Was recently drooling over the stabwood VA Vidar (posted some pics… no interest :18:)

That being said, 3D printing is a fantastic technology and the mods weigh nothing, but if produced and finished correctly, they can be very durable at the same time. I’ve been considering a clone dna60 3D boro mod for out and about, as I like to leave the sagging trousers to the younger crowd :58:

Growing up, anything made of plastic was considered cheap crap. The idea of paying so much for a piece of plastic is rather galling, even though I do understand that there are design and other production costs. And even though I can’t stand him, Jai Haze has done a breakdown of the actual costs and absurd markup for these devices. If I’m going to choose between a new tv and a mod, it’s going to be stabwood, stunning and functional :D Was recently drooling over the stabwood VA Vidar (posted some pics… no interest :18:)

That being said, 3D printing is a fantastic technology and the mods weigh nothing, but if produced and finished correctly, they can be very durable at the same time. I’ve been considering a clone dna60 3D boro mod for out and about, as I like to leave the sagging trousers to the younger crowd :58:

you’re getting a stabwood telly?

you’re getting a stabwood telly?
I would LOVE a stabwood tv :18: If I could find (and afford) an old time stereo cabinet in stabwood, that would be my interior design showpiece! Or better yet, a 3D printed house with stabwood doors and floors :18::18::18:

Back
Top Bottom