What's new

3D printed mods, yay or nay?

geordievaper

Postman
Been looking at devices today and after almost a year out I can see there are a lot of 3D printed mods in the high end market. What's your thoughts on 3D printed mods? I might be old school but personally I want a big heavy thick metal mod especially if I'm dropping a fair bit of money on one.

To me, 3D printed mods rarely look as high quality as their price tag suggests.

I know they take time to design and refine, but the end result usually ends up looking a bit rough.

To me, 3D printed mods rarely look as high quality as their price tag suggests.

I know they take time to design and refine, but the end result usually ends up looking a bit rough.

I don't know if I would fancy dropping £200+ on a 3D printed mod. It's cool that people make them and I guess its a relatively cheap way for people to become mod makers but I just think there's something beautiful about a nice CNC machined device that makes your pocket sag when you drop it in there lol

Never bought a 3D printed mod. They always look a bit 'cheap' to me.

I don't know if I would fancy dropping £200+ on a 3D printed mod. It's cool that people make them and I guess its a relatively cheap way for people to become mod makers but I just think there's something beautiful about a nice CNC machined device that makes your pocket sag when you drop it in there lol

Definitely agree, although all my mods are mass produced Chinese jobs so my opinion probably holds as much weight as a 3D printed mod :D

Also like a bit of heft to a mod, so get where you’re coming from. Says the guy vaping on a £30 Gen 200 as he types this……:18:

I had a Boxer DNA200 a while back. That was expensive, and it was shit. :)

Definitely agree, although all my mods are mass produced Chinese jobs so my opinion probably holds as much weight as a 3D printed mod :D

Also like a bit of heft to a mod, so get where you’re coming from. Says the guy vaping on a £30 Gen 200 as he types this……:18:

I had a Boxer DNA200 a while back. That was expensive, and it was shit. :)

I'm by no means a mod snob, I'm currently vaping using an Aspire Mixx but I really like the mod and got a couple of them for i think £30 each but they feel like quality devices imho because they are metal and have a bit of heft to them. I think id feel disappointed with a 3D printed mod regardless of price point

Back
Top Bottom