What's new

A question for the vendors about their online shops closing over Crimble.

Soldier Blue

The Vaper that "Can't be aroused."
So it's Christmas and you've decided to shut your online shops. No problems there, your business, your choice but why have the site unavailable for browsing ?

I've just been onto Vapist to take a look at the Nemesis and the 69 mod and the sites closed - wouldn't it be better to have the site open but if you don't want sales, just close the checkout part - if that makes sense. I'm assuming it's a technical thing that's easier to shut the whole shop rather than the checkout ?

So just to clarify, this not a pop at anyone closing the shop for the holiday etc' but at least buyers could window shop if it was only the checkout that was closed.

Thanks in advance.

SB.

i cant remember reply i got from cloud 9 when lisa was poorly but i did ask the same thing cos it would be nice to browse or 'window shop' :)

As you say, up to the owner but.... I run a website, eBay store, Amazon shop, would I stop people from buying over the Christmas period? like hell I would! They will just buy elsewhere... I suppose if you only want a certain juice, then you can not do that, but how many ego starter kits and juice/spares are going to get bought for New Year? ChaChing

Last edited:
I have built and been involved in many on line stores .

vaping is the ONLY industry I've ever known this happen in lol

most other just put up a notice saying "buy what ya want but it won't be shipped till x"

I have an online store and personally mine is open 365 days a year and I reply to emails on Christmas day but I am a sad git. If I'm away on holiday or whatever I simply close the checkout so I don't know why ecig vendors don't allow 'window shopping' over Christmas and hoped a vendor would come on and give me their reason, as for the life of me I don't know why a vendor wouldn't at least want visibility for their customers. I'm guessing it may be a techy reason.

Yes, I do think it is down to a technical issue. We have just launched our new website and unlike our old one, we cannot do a general basket close, the whole shop has to go down. Our new website software is the same or very similar to most vendors out there so I'm guessing that's the reason why. may have been better to add a note to checkout and homepage that shop is open but orders not shipped until XXXX , but personal vendors choice I'm afraid.

Yes, I do think it is down to a technical issue. We have just launched our new website and unlike our old one, we cannot do a general basket close, the whole shop has to go down. Our new website software is the same or very similar to most vendors out there so I'm guessing that's the reason why. may have been better to add a note to checkout and homepage that shop is open but orders not shipped until XXXX , but personal vendors choice I'm afraid.

Remember this is coming from a man of experience! Remember what happened when he dared to take a well earned vacation :lol1:

Remember this is coming from a man of experience! Remember what happened when he dared to take a well earned vacation :lol1:

ha, I'm only taking TWO DAYS off over Christmas, learned the lesson the hard way!!! Online shop has been left open!

ha, I'm only taking TWO DAYS off over Christmas, learned the lesson the hard way!!! Online shop has been left open!

That is good to know, I will order some juice off of you on Thursday, as long as you have 18mg in stock. Just make sure its delivered Friday :D :lol1:

Back
Top Bottom