What's new

Absolute mega noob

Hi all! I'm so noob I don't even know what I'm using! My friend upgraded her vape gear and in a valiant attempt to get me to kick my rank lazy roll-ups habit (about 5 a day, more if there's booze) she donated her batteries and a few fresh plastic clearomisers and shop bought juices she wasn't fussed on. (Cinnamon, cherry and cola, which I obviously tried mixing together immediately, ha) I'm totally converted and haven't touched a roll-up for a week. I'm on 18mg nicotine but I gotta say, I don't feel a nicotine rush at all from vaping - that tingle down the spine kinda feeling from the first smoke of the day - I do miss that a little but the other positives outweigh that negative. I would always pull gross faces when smoking, had to use menthol filters and needed to ram a whole packet of cherry menthol in my gob to get rid of the awful taste!

I've just ordered a little glass aspire K1 so it can handle my upcoming attempts at DIY juices! I ordered a mixing kit with only VG base because I'm pissy scared that the PG might be bad for my cats after a bit of research. I seriously doubt I vape enough to affect them but I'd never forgive myself if I did, ha! I'm also gonna try zero nicotine seeing as I'm not feeling that at all! Not sure it's worth the extra cost if I can't even tell its there? And I think mixing juices without the threat of spilling nicotine all over myself and my cats and killing us all might be wise for now. Heh. I got four flavours: cinnamon, peanut butter, Apple and vanilla custard - trying to make an ultimate Christmas blend for the hols! Probably need an orange too. Anyway I love seeing everyone's gear, mods and recipes so I was chuffed to find this forum! Nice to be here!

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

congratz on kicking the stinkies.
can you post a picture up of what your using and the apes can tell you what it is.
you only need 1 more post and then you will be able to see the rest of the forum.

Thanks! And sure. The black one says eciggy.co.uk on it and has a blue light, I should just look that one up! The silver one says red kiwi on the back and I can't see this model on their site, the light is green/Amber/red depending on charge. I think she's had these a while so I'm expecting to replace them soon!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 35
Hi and welcome!
:ape1:
*TOP TIP* click on NEW POSTS to see what's going on right now

welcome1.gif

Welcome to the Planet @Golden kittens, Depending on what sort of flavours you like a good way to get an early confidence boost in your mixing is to but concentates from Vampire Vapes or T-Juice, some top flavours all you need to do is measure the concentrate, Nic Base, PG & VG as required. Don't forget most of the smaller tanks can't handle Very high VG Juice so if you're dead set on avoiding PG then you'll need to use some Aqueous Glycerine or distilled water to thin the mix out so that the small tank can handle it...

I'm sure we have some Lady Apes on here who are cat owners who can advise you on the whole Cats & PG thing...

Hello and welcome to the planet @Golden kittens! Congrats on making the switch! Word of warning, diy liquid is definitely useful to cut the cost and experiment with flavours, I reckon the aspire K1 may struggle with max VG so you may have to thin it out with distilled water which, best to post a question in the mixology section for further advice. You're right PG isn't great for cats though.

Hello and welcome to the planet @Golden kittens! Congrats on making the switch! Word of warning, diy liquid is definitely useful to cut the cost and experiment with flavours, I reckon the aspire K1 may struggle with max VG so you may have to thin it out with distilled water which, best to post a question in the mixology section for further advice. You're right PG isn't great for cats though.

Thanks! I'll definitely have an ask. If I get on well with it I'll upgrade my tank - been ogling the nautilus mini, would that be OK do you think? Or still too small? I like having a smaller/portable unit at the moment, eventually i would like a larger unit for at home and a smaller one for out and about.

Back
Top Bottom