What's new

Advice for a nicotine free first vape

Ryu

Initiate
Hi All,

My partner started vaping a while back but she doesnt actually own a vape. I personally bought an aspire Zelos Nano as I wanted MTL nic salts for strong nicotine to slow down my heavy smoking. In her case, she rarely smoked before vaping so I was recommending to get a vape with 0 nicotine as it seems pointless to take in nicotine if she doesn't need or necessarily want it.

What would be the best type of vape for her to start with so that she can have nicotine free eliquid? It would be MTL but is this something that would require a sub ohm/powerful device or could she use an identical device such as mine (Low wattage and a 1ohm coil) ?

This also leads me to the liquid as I've only ever seen a sample site that sells cheap 10ml samples with 0 nicotine to try. Is the best way to buy shortfills to use as they are? If so, would it be easier to have a device that can handle their ratio as they are sold or buy the pg/vg and balance the ratio to 50:50?

Any help would be appreciated for suggestions on types of vapes to go for and the best way to get liquid ideally with ease of use for a first vape.

Thanks

Hi @Ryu and welcome to the planet.
If she didn't smoke much then zero nic is defo the best route for her. She could use the same kit as you but just buy zero nic bottles. Most places sell 10 ml bottles of zero as well as 3,6,9,12,18mg. Shortfills are also zero but you would need to add 10ml of zero PG instead of the usual 18mg nic that makes the final mix of 3mg. Best not buy 80vg large bottles as that would be too thick even after diluting with the zero PG shot.
Hundreds of suppliers on my recommended list stuck at the top of the new user section. Can't post link as on phone.
Prices from 69p upto a fiver for 10ml posted on there.
Give us an idea of flavours she likes and we could recommend some.
Cheaper sites worth a look at to start are LiQuid, 88 vapes, drip drop, vampire vapes and many more.

Last edited:
Hi @Ryu and welcome to the planet.
If she didn't smoke much then zero nic is defo the best route for her. She could use the same kit as you but just buy zero nic bottles. Most places sell 10 ml bottles of zero as well as 3,6,9,12,18mg. Shortfills are also zero but you would need to add 10ml of zero PG instead of the usual 18mg nic that makes the final mix of 3mg. Best not buy 80vg large bottles as that would be too thick even after diluting with the zero PG shot.
Hundreds of suppliers on my recommended list stuck at the top of the new user section. Can't post link as on phone.
Prices from 69p upto a fiver for 10ml posted on there.
Give us an idea of flavours she likes and we could recommend some.
Cheaper sites worth a look at to start are LiQuid, 88 vapes, drip drop, vampire vapes and many more.
Thanks, do you reckon 70/30 50ml would be too much to dilute? My coil says 13-15w. Would be handy to get the same device as worst case scenario i just have a spare.

I will check the links out, I still haven't got round to some if the suggestions I got on here as I ended up quickly taking to the coke ice from dinner lady and bulk bought on offer. Slowly going through all the random flavours I have and then going to run through some of the recommendations.

Not really sure on what flavours yet, ill check the links you put up and see what she wants to try.

now im awake heres the link POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

most shortfills (not all) were designed for sub ohm vaping at higher watts where you put one 10ml 18mg nic shot in to make the final mix 3mg strength. i found a lot of places supply a 100vg shot. if you bought some unflavoured zero nicotine10ml PG shots then that would lower the thickness or even cheaper to buy say 100ml of pg and decant into 10ml bottles and use 1 10ml pg to dilute the shortfill down for you other half.

Sirvapealot- based on the south coast will post u a letterbox friendly 100 ml Shortfill with no nicotine, 50/50

now im awake heres the link POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

most shortfills (not all) were designed for sub ohm vaping at higher watts where you put one 10ml 18mg nic shot in to make the final mix 3mg strength. i found a lot of places supply a 100vg shot. if you bought some unflavoured zero nicotine10ml PG shots then that would lower the thickness or even cheaper to buy say 100ml of pg and decant into 10ml bottles and use 1 10ml pg to dilute the shortfill down for you other half.

Appreciate this, in the end we got the Zelos Nano and 500ml PG from Vapable as it had 2 free Shortfills & Nic shots with it. Unfortunately, they forgot to ship the Shortfills so will try them out when they are delivered.

my advice would be, if she’s not addicted to fags she’d be better not to vape.

my advice would be, if she’s not addicted to fags she’d be better not to vape.

I agree but it's not my choice. As a heavy smoker that is transitioning to vaping, im not gonna be a hypocrite and start an argument telling her not to vape. Much easier to compromise and persuade her to get a permanent one to save money and cut out the nicotine as the ones going in the bin are all 20mg.

Back
Top Bottom