What's new

Advice for use of the Nautilus mini and the new BVC coils

Inky68

Postman
Hi there, I just thought I'd pop this here and if it's in the wrong place maybe a lovely Moderator will shift it to where it should go ;)

I have had a Mini Nautilus for a while now and I have some tips on use so here goes:

Don't be tempted to over tighten the tank. This little bugger can get stuck very easily. Where the bottom of the pirex tank screws to the base is a big fat white rubber grommet and if you hulk this thing down too far it will after a while of vaping create a serious seal and I have had to use pliers to get it apart. So what you want to do is tighten it up until the glass sits flush against the base and no more than that, it will be able to tighten further but for the sake of your fingers and sanity don't be tempted to go further. I can tell you if you tighten it as I said you will have no issues with removing the base and certainly no leaks.

When changing juices take the whole tank apart and rinse it all out thoroughly, except the the coil which I'll come to later. When rinsing ensure that the fat white grommet gets a good scrub, I use my thumb under running water because you don't want to damage that grommet. Once every thing is good and clean you can either leave it all to air dry on a nice thick piece of vapour-towel or if you're impatient like me you can thoroughly dry it with vapour-towel ensuring that you get to every little of drop of water. Once dry put it all back together and fill with juice.

OK so now the BVC coils. When you are changing juice do not be tempted to rinse this bad boy out, water and the wick pad wrapped around the coil don't see eye to eye. Also don't dry burn it because it just makes the whole thing taste funky and burnt from then on in. So what I do is once the coil is out is clean the outer casing of the coil with dry vapour-towel and get rid of any excess juice. Then if you look down the open end of the coil and see any liquid make a little cone with your vapour-towel and just very gently insert it into the opening and allow it to soak up the juice. Don't be tempted to push it in hard or you run the risk of disturbing the SS mesh ring that sits above the wick and this can result in damage to the wick. I have found that even if you are changing from a heavy flavoured vape, such as Digby's Dr. Jekyll (Which is amazing BTW) to a light fruity vape it will only take a few minutes of vaping for the flavours to settle in properly.
The coils themselves will last a fare while using this method approximately 2 or so weeks.

I have been preferring the BVC coils in the Big Nautilus rather than the mini because I find the Mini has too tight a draw for me even on the highest AF setting. I keep my mini as my back up on an ego twist and it is wonderful for that.

Anyhoo this is what I've got and I hope it helps, give us a shout if you have any questions :)

advice,im buying a nautilus 5ml

That sounds like good info thanks.im really thinking hard about buying a big nauti as their are a few bad comments but then there is loads of stuff with nothing but praise for the things.i am buying a tank in afew days and I don't want to be gutted that iv wasted my money.I have only just got my self a MVP 2 but the iclear 30 that came with it is pants in my opinion,like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.any advice would be really appreciated as I'm only just beginning.smelly smoke free for about 6 week and loving vaping.

Back
Top Bottom