What's new

Advice on first SXK

skinku

Achiever
Hello good people,
I want to dip my toe into your waters and as Fasttech have a sale on would this be a good first setup?
7DBF8520-FB4B-45A2-A69A-7C6E11D7A15F.jpeg

0.5 2.5mm coil is intended with restricted LH or loose MtL the aim and subsequent purchase of sexy and expensive side panels on satisfaction...
Would have a happy cry if you have any suggestions on ways to improve my journey and make me happy.
I think I am realistic in there being resale value on this kit in the event we don’t get on?
Sexy panels.... grrrrrr
574211F4-73F7-4B9B-B28A-5B485ABE3ED7.jpeg

Really like these panels.

I think it would be a good setup, aye. I personally went for the 60w dna version though, after @domejunky mentioned a possible high failure rate for the sxk boards. A few members use the 70w ones though and seem to get on ok ( @Vapaneezer Scrooge ?).

The vapeshell is very good. For mtl I would recommend also picking up the additional airflow reducers. For me the stock ones that come with it would be way too loose. It’s personal preference though, but if you like a tight draw they will be essential.

https://m.fasttech.com/product/9686212-kindbright-replacement-afc-airflow-insert-for-bb#forum

I like the exocet as well, I’ve had to make a reducer from a strip of mesh but with this in place it works very well. I might prefer it to the vapeshell.

Looks a good choice for starting out. Some will say the Exocet is a better than Vapesell, but you could get both. I have those panels you are lusting after btw

I would be more tempted by the DNA 60 version with the 15% off, it's the newer version with USB so you can hook it up to Escribe and customise settings, I have the Yellow (bright gold?) one in my basket trying raise enough funds, for the extra few quid it's a safer bet and will keep it's value more.

That said I've had no issues with the SXK board apart from 1 which had juice leaked onto it, alcohol cleaned and back to life running perfectly.
I don't know if the failure rate is down to leaking issues or the board itself, @domejunky is your man for that advice.

I have the vapeshell clone and didn't find it any better than the Exocet, I've got an Insider on it's way so can't comment on that, the Vapeshell looks good though.

Finally, look into sealing the pin asap, 5 minute job that will save you worrying about eliquid / condensation leaking onto the board.

Last edited:
Really can’t justify the extra for a DNA board, prefer simplicity.
May get an Exocet and spare tank

This thread is not helping me control the urge to order a dna60w bb!!!!

Just for the sake of it, in case the urge gets too much and i pull the trigger, im guessing the tank that comes with the sxk60w bb will fit the sxk vapeshell? Also if say i wanted spare tank would this work?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10039149/9640861-sxk-replacement-tank-for-bb-60w-70w-box-mod-kit

Or this ones slightly more but has spare seals etc. Would it fit? Be worthwhile to get this instead?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...lacement-accessory-set-for-sxk-bb-60w-mod-kit

Following this with interest...

Picking up an SXK 70W this weekend from a lovely fellow Ape and trying to work out what would be best to get a loose MTL Vape and any alterations it may need (Sealing the pin seems like the first one if it needs it)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom