What's new

Are we relaxing lockdown measures too soon?

Mr Ripple

Legend
Taken from the uk government's new 50 page plan.

They've confirmed the current infection numbers accross the UK is estimated to be 136,000 people still infected as of 09/05 with 13,500 people still being treated in hospital with Covid-19 on 04/05.

Essentially the numbers have only just started dropping so is now really the time to be relaxing things?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...the-uk-governments-covid-19-recovery-strategy

The Government now sees that:

• There are no regions of the country where the epidemic appears to be increasing.
  • As of 9 May, it is estimated that 136,000 people in England are currently infected with COVID-19.3

Maybe so, I think something had to be done to get things back motoring but I'm not changing, I can still work from home so I'll carry on & watch the numbers

Track and trace is near impossible now, unfortunately it will take weeks before we know if it has been too early but I doubt we will see a rise in the numbers of the first outbreak as being Alert will make the virus think twice about sneaking up on us.

I've been waiting for the USA's numbers to rise after recent weeks of silliness but so far no news.

Personally, I think it's too early. I've been watching the news this morning and despite advice not to use public transport - public transport seems pretty packed with little to no regard for social distancing. I think an increase in infection rates is pretty much guaranteed.

The gov are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Economy vs virus related public health. Sadly there is no winning here. It just comes down to how much we're prepared to lose from either side of the scale.

We wont know the answer for a while and by time we do know the answer the rest of uk will be out and about.

I think we are relaxing social distancing to soon, just today there has been 494 deaths, prepare yourselves for another spike.

At least my favourite Pub has managed to re-open :dance:

Wheatsheaf.jpg

Personally I think it's too soon. If you can't do social distancing then you shouldn't do it, whatever it is. That is my view at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom