What's new

Aspire Kumo for first RDTA DTL tank

2.5mm or 3mm shouldn't be much difference

3mm for around 0.35
2.5mm around 0.3
2.5mm or 3mm shouldn't be much difference

3mm for around 0.35
2.5mm around 0.3
Yeah it's vaping nice now with the 3mm id mate.
20230106_161634.jpg 20230106_162626.jpg 20230106_163501.jpg

I had just read a post from a new member and didn't realise I'd clicked on another thread. My answer was about your question, but I thought I was still talking to the other guy lol.

If you've already ordered the wire I advise you try it first rather than buying something else straightaway - I don't care for it, but your opinion may differ.

2 wires I've found decent for RDL are the Coilology MTL Staple and Coilology dual 28/36, but they are Ni80 (I don't know if nickel is suitable for you).
Hi mate, I was just going over this thread. I've been having fun with my kumo so far. My supplier sent me 10ft of coilology ni80 3-28 instead of the geekvape twisted clapton that I ordered so I've been using that. I was thinking about buying these, what do you think?
Screenshot_20230116_202351.png

Hi mate, I was just going over this thread. I've been having fun with my kumo so far. My supplier sent me 10ft of coilology ni80 3-28 instead of the geekvape twisted clapton that I ordered so I've been using that. I was thinking about buying these, what do you think?
View attachment 305793

Quite honestly I think both those wires are too thick to use in the Kumo. I haven't used that particular version of staple coil but looking at the specs it will only be suitable for high power DL vaping. I do use the triple 26 core wires in single coil RDAs/RTAs - but ONLY if they are airy Direct Lung tanks that are happy above 50 Watts. To be honest mate I wouldn't use either in a Kumo as you need to use 50 Watts plus IMO for a single coil of triple 26 core wires (a staple wire that thick will need similar power levels) and I THINK that type of power level would turn any restricted DL tank into a bit of a furnace. I tried a triple 26 core in a Gear RTA (which isn't really a restricted vape, but it isn't exactly airy) and the coil simply overpowered the tank and the results were pretty awful

Please note - I don't own a Kumo and I'm guessing it is more of a flavour oriented Restricted DL tank than a high power direct lung cloud chucker.

If it is an RDL tank and you aren't happy with the triple 28 core I would advise you to go in the other direction, instead of buying thicker low resistance wires that thrive on high power - I'd look to buying slightly thinner, higher resistance wires like the dual 28 core fused clapton or a 26 core single clapton that will heat up properly at moderate power levels

Quite honestly I think both those wires are too thick to use in the Kumo. I haven't used that particular version of staple coil but looking at the specs it will only be suitable for high power DL vaping. I do use the triple 26 core wires in single coil RDAs/RTAs - but ONLY if they are airy Direct Lung tanks that are happy above 50 Watts. To be honest mate I wouldn't use either in a Kumo as you need to use 50 Watts plus IMO for a single coil of triple 26 core wires (a staple wire that thick will need similar power levels) and I THINK that type of power level would turn any restricted DL tank into a bit of a furnace. I tried a triple 26 core in a Gear RTA (which isn't really a restricted vape, but it isn't exactly airy) and the coil simply overpowered the tank and the results were pretty awful

Please note - I don't own a Kumo and I'm guessing it is more of a flavour oriented Restricted DL tank than a high power direct lung cloud chucker.

If it is an RDL tank and you aren't happy with the triple 28 core I would advise you to go in the other direction, instead of buying thicker low resistance wires that thrive on high power - I'd look to buying slightly thinner, higher resistance wires like the dual 28 core fused clapton or a 26 core single clapton that will heat up properly at moderate power levels
Thanks for the information. I'll look into buying those wires for the kumo 100%. A little bit off topic but I am looking at RDAs atm such as the asgard mini. I think I'd prefer a decent 2 post non-restricted DTL RTA though, with the deck up high like the kumo if possible, and the small plastic see through window (so to speak) at the bottom so I can see juice level, and it's less likey to shatter if dropped. I have heard it said in the past that RDA is best for flavour over RTA's, but that may be old information now.

Pretty much everything else that doesn't dry hit me to hell and back like the Kumo did, lol.

Back
Top Bottom