What's new

Aspire Nautilus X 1.8ohm Coils to release soon

Ive never had a bad coil from aspire but have heard the storys. Whats it that makes the coils bad as i get good flavour and life span from all there coils?
same here never had a bad coil in the cleito but the x are crap

I really wish I'd had the same experience as you mate..

Its a good tank and great when it's working...

If aspire even acknowledged the problem and had a ounce of empathy..

I'd not have as much ill feeling..

They make you give them serial numbers , temps, vg / PG etc even photos and then they can't even bother to reply..

They told me it was the vg killing coils and the tested @ 80pg / 20 vg..

That's rubbish.. I've ran a coil on 80vg for a month..
Seems to,be the way with vape companies. They have teething problems but deny everything. The early cleito and mini triton coils obviously used a poor rubber gasket. It made your juice taste of rubber band. But that has been fixed. Yet no announcement so people still avoid them. The crown had appalling coil qc so I've avoided all uwell products. They.could have sorted it but while they avoid the subject I will avoid the products.

Thought the 1.5 Claptons were actually OK, but you had to be running at 20-25 watts to notice the difference, and for a MTL tank that's just too much and the heat dissipation was pretty terrible on the drip tip and top cap. The Nautilus X was basically a MTL Cleito, but the Cleito design worked for DTL, the Cleito design doesn't work for MTL. Hopefully the 1.8's will work better :)

I've also never had a problem with Aspire or their products. Still use my Triton Mini as my "beater" attie alongside my Kayfun v5 :)

@eyeball kid the bottom gasket on my cleito as gone a funny colour are the different one available
@mustybadger i just hope the 1.8 is better put a couple of posts on aspire site no answers back as you have said with having the cleito was expecting great flavour with the X
Also are the newer cleito now using the newer gasket or not thanks guys look forward to your replys

Last edited:
Just received the 1.8ohm coils today. It's exactly as I hoped they would be. Creamy smooth vapor, great throat hit, no spitting and it doesn't heat up like the 1.5 ohm coils. Now I love the nautilus X. An unbelievable improvement to the stock coils!!!!!

@bakiman hi mate that's music to my ears
been waiting for these I have Nautilus X collecting dust here

WARNING: Rather negative views forthcoming ;

The Nautilus X was quite simply the worst Aspire product I've ever bought (and I rate Aspire quite highly). The U-Tech design may have been a lovely idea that someone came up with one day in the R&D department, but the fact is, these coils give terrible flavour in my opinion. It's like being back on Kanger Protanks with silica wick. I managed to keep my Nautilus X for 4 days before enough was enough, and I could not wait to see the back of it, and sold it on.

The thought of a 1.8ohm version of the U-tech coil, instead of the 1.5 - potentially offering an even more flavourless, anaemic vape, sends shivers down my spine.

What I find utterly bizarre, is that Aspire already released an absolutely fantastic "Nautilus Mini 2" around 6 months ago. A tank that builds on everything that was good with the Nautilus, uses the same excellent coils (but with more options), but also offers top fill, juice control, and a better airflow range. ........... the problem is, Aspire done something unthinkable - they called it a "TRITON mini".

Seriously the Triton Mini is one of the best tanks Aspire have released in my opinion (for MTL and Restricted DTL vaping) and the fact that it uses the Nautilus coils - but with Clapton and TC options too - made it even better. But why did you call that tank a Triton??? ....... I honestly think if you had branded the Triton Mini as the "Nautilus Mini 2" that tank would have sold by the droves.

Instead, who buys the Triton Mini? ..... Triton owners, not Nautilus owners. And Triton owners expect a sub-ohm tank (which the Triton Mini is not), and Triton airflow (which the Triton Mini does not have, because it's a Nautilus Mini 2). :)

The Triton Mini is a staggeringly better tank in every respect, compared to the Nautilus X. It has around the same juice capacity, excellent flavour, versus the Nautilus X's bland, muted flavour, and gives a better airflow range too.

There. I said it.

WARNING: Rather negative views forthcoming ;

The Nautilus X was quite simply the worst Aspire product I've ever bought (and I rate Aspire quite highly). The U-Tech design may have been a lovely idea that someone came up with one day in the R&D department, but the fact is, these coils give terrible flavour in my opinion. It's like being back on Kanger Protanks with silica wick. I managed to keep my Nautilus X for 4 days before enough was enough, and I could not wait to see the back of it, and sold it on.

The thought of a 1.8ohm version of the U-tech coil, instead of the 1.5 - potentially offering an even more flavourless, anaemic vape, sends shivers down my spine.

What I find utterly bizarre, is that Aspire already released an absolutely fantastic "Nautilus Mini 2" around 6 months ago. A tank that builds on everything that was good with the Nautilus, uses the same excellent coils (but with more options), but also offers top fill, juice control, and a better airflow range. ........... the problem is, Aspire done something unthinkable - they called it a "TRITON mini".

Seriously the Triton Mini is one of the best tanks Aspire have released in my opinion (for MTL and Restricted DTL vaping) and the fact that it uses the Nautilus coils - but with Clapton and TC options too - made it even better. But why did you call that tank a Triton??? ....... I honestly think if you had branded the Triton Mini as the "Nautilus Mini 2" that tank would have sold by the droves.

Instead, who buys the Triton Mini? ..... Triton owners, not Nautilus owners. And Triton owners expect a sub-ohm tank (which the Triton Mini is not), and Triton airflow (which the Triton Mini does not have, because it's a Nautilus Mini 2). :)

The Triton Mini is a staggeringly better tank in every respect, compared to the Nautilus X. It has around the same juice capacity, excellent flavour, versus the Nautilus X's bland, muted flavour, and gives a better airflow range too.

There. I said it.
Triton mini FTW

Back
Top Bottom