What's new

Auguse Era Pro.

Ooh what is it? Don't keep us in suspense! We need to know what is happening!

Not much is happening, @ForestMagpie don't get too excited.

I just thought I post a few quick thoughts on this as few other people have, so right...

Sorry about the time this has taken, I started the post this morning, then my keyboard went funny and I couldn't continue. I've had to do a full MS re-install over the last few days and it's still not working correctly. I hate Microsoft, It might be time to change for something else...

Anyway, As for the Auguse ERA PRO, I'm absolutely in love with this. So pure, so smooth, it's like vaping butter.

I never thought I'd find an atty that would have a better draw than an Expormizer but I think I finally have. It's a damn site easier to wick too.

Just thread your cotton through the coil, backcomb the ends a bit, trim the tails, wet your wick and, bang, off you go. The flavour's amazing too - and straight off the bat.

All the notes are there and they come though immediately.

The dual sided air-flow pins, mean you can change your tanks fixed airflow while on the move, and the bottom AFC ring does a nice job of fine-tuning the flow to compliment it. You can even re-coil, re-wick or bottom fill it while the tank is largely built and in situ too - even if it's full of juice.

I'm also amazed at how dry it is, I was fully expecting it to be gush city and endure leakage everywhere, but touch wood, I've not had a drop, nor a hint of it yet.

The only things I don't really like are the fact that he side airflow pins aren't marked with their gauge, leaving you to figure out what they are from eyeballing the small end, which is an annoyance and an over sight in my book.

The top cap could benefit from a bayonette three-quarter turn screw cap too - full threading makes it feel like there's too much winding and un-winding going on for the re-fills - but that's no deal breaker for me and entirely subject to personal tastes. You can also bottom fill it, if you want to. Other than that it's gravy.

The AFC control ring does a decent just job of moderating the air-flow's through-flow, and the flavour is solid, and, so far, it's completely leak free. I haven't seen a hint of leakage or condensate yet. *Touches wood*

Tricky Gravity fed set-ups seem to be all the rage at he moment, and Auguse have tackled the ERA Pro with their own inimitable style. (They've even released some anodised decorative rings and matching drip tips for this to add to the glamour and cusomisability). Unfortunately these are only available separately as come as singles and rather tan packs.

It's no harder or easier to set-up or disassemble than any of the other gravity fed counterparts I've seen - it's just a bit different and takes a bit of learning (and confidence) - and it's considering its ultimately easier than most GTA decks, it's worth a look if you fancy something unusual.

So, all in all then, it can be a bit of a pain to set-up, depending on where your experience lies, and your patience, but if you're willing to put in the time and effort into understanding it, then the rewards of it will be huge.

Set and forget doesn't necessarily mean free of hassle, but this one gets as close to it as you're going to get.

The only other thing that I'd like to make note of - and something that can be a faff - is that re-adjoining the base section to the middle tank section can be a bit difficult as they naturally want to repel due to opposing magnet-like, springy O-Rings, but even this ceases to be an issue once you master the dexterity of it.

To be honest I was simultaneously both intrigued and apprehensive of this kit when it arrived but after a while, I realise I was wrong to be. There's noting scary here at all.

My first build was far too tentative and cack-handed, and even then I managed to bodge it right. No matter what I've done since has messed it up. It seems very forgiving.

I've never a built gravity fed RTA before and it's turned out well. If you're in the same boat as me - being inexperienced with gravity feeding - I expect the situation will be largely the same for you.

You could do a lot worse than this, but for me I still haven't given up my hunt for 'ultimate perfection' and am still looking at getting more RTAs regardless. I hope I find it soon. It ain't half costing me a pretty penny.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed information on the tank I really need to get 1 now. I take it the airflow pins are similar to the bishop?

Thanks for the detailed information on the tank I really need to get 1 now. I take it the airflow pins are similar to the bishop?
I've not used a Bishop @Beard0703. I want to but I just can't be doing with the bottom fill. For that reason I've got my eye on the Alberich and the Gamo. l love the look of both of them too.

Last edited:
it sounds similar to the bishop, but more hassle. you should get yourself a bishop.

I got the auguse mtl rta they brought out a couple of years ago which looks very similar, though I never got on with that tank.

i’m confused about why it thinks it needs air holes in the bottom when it already has some in the sides.

Back
Top Bottom