What's new

Bad Press Public paranoia already noticeable

Over the past couple of weeks I've experienced a few incidences varying from dirty looks, covering their mouths to 1 person informing me that it's illegal, then the worst one was yesterday while walking to the post office, I was vaping MTL with little vapour (generally my habit when in public) and I tend not to vape while passing people, I was a good 30 feet away from a mother with her 2 kids and I stopped vaping, her words to her kids "cover your mouths" loud enough to ensure I heard it.
I actually felt a touch of guilt as this woman thought I was harming her children, soon faded then felt a little annoyed.

I'm not annoyed by public behaviour or opinions but I am annoyed how bad press has led to this.

What does annoy me is someone passing by with a ciggie and nobody bats an eyelid or carbon monoxide chucking vehicles passing by, but a small amount of vapour sparks a reaction.

My vaping habits are already considerate, I don't vape close to public and tend to leave my cloud chuckers for home use or wide open spaces.

Hopefully a decent balanced documentary will come along but I won't hold my breath.

Just read the POTV article on Ireland trying to ban flavours, ignorance is rife:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2019-10-02_irish-flavour-ban-proposal.html

Over the past couple of weeks I've experienced a few incidences varying from dirty looks, covering their mouths to 1 person informing me that it's illegal, then the worst one was yesterday while walking to the post office, I was vaping MTL with little vapour (generally my habit when in public) and I tend not to vape while passing people, I was a good 30 feet away from a mother with her 2 kids and I stopped vaping, her words to her kids "cover your mouths" loud enough to ensure I heard it.
I actually felt a touch of guilt as this woman thought I was harming her children, soon faded then felt a little annoyed.

I'm not annoyed by public behaviour or opinions but I am annoyed how bad press has led to this.

What does annoy me is someone passing by with a ciggie and nobody bats an eyelid or carbon monoxide chucking vehicles passing by, but a small amount of vapour sparks a reaction.

My vaping habits are already considerate, I don't vape close to public and tend to leave my cloud chuckers for home use or wide open spaces.

Hopefully a decent balanced documentary will come along but I won't hold my breath.

Just read the POTV article on Ireland trying to ban flavours, ignorance is rife:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2019-10-02_irish-flavour-ban-proposal.html
Yeah mate, I keep hearing when I talk to people now "but it's killing people!" A friend of my wife who a couple of weeks ago was really interested in vaping. So I got all the info ready and was going to give her a vape set up and a couple of mixes. Not now, she also said "its killing people!" I explained what happened with the dodgy dope mixes with vitamin e oil, all the time she is kind of grinning as if to say "no its vaping killing" and declines the offer saying "I'll stick to my cigarettes". :sleepy:

I agree, it is annoying, but I tend to ignore the comments now.

What bugs me is these parent's are quite happy to fill their kid's faces with sweets, fizzy drinks and food filled with saturated fats, turning their little munchkins into obese blobs who will probably go on to get diabetes and heart disease.

The world has gone crazy [emoji34]

I believe there's a name for these people, sheeple...

Haven't had any issues myself, yet... Frankly they can keep their opinions to themselves.

My mum is bending my ear,
about the peeps in America,
i blamed trump,
and drugs,
and said its on sale in hospitals here FFS!,
you moaned at me for swearing,
then had a cheeky MTL on here lemon tart vape,
and relax.

When I smoked and peolple complained it would end something like this...

Me: do you drive?
Them: yes
Me: well fuckoff then*

These sheeple should be treated with the same respect.

* this line was in my head mostly as i walked away smoking adding nothing else.

MSM is killing people with biased BS ignorance

I prefer the term piggies for them....

Sheep follow a herd, like lemmings etc.....
Pigs on the other will fucking swallow any crap the MSM feeds them

MSM is killing people with biased BS ignorance

I prefer the term piggies for them....

Sheep follow a herd, like lemmings etc.....
Pigs on the other will fucking swallow any crap the MSM feeds them
I call them mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed on bullshit.

I call them mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed on bullshit.

That is the night shift workers regarding day shift & management
When a shit hits the fan situation presents itself, you fully understand the term:

You're damned if you do & damned if you don't - to the dilemma facing you

Even if you make the correct decision despite all of that
you still end up feeling that......

Do a job really well at this place, is like pissing yourself in a dark brown suit.....

You get a warm feeling for a little while maybe
But in the end nobody really notices

Back
Top Bottom