What's new

Ban Ecigs? Silly site.

K

KulrMeStoopid

Check out this lie filled attempt at a website and the weak twitter account

This mysterious person from Wales,is posting out right lies (Ecigs are regulated and nearly stricter than medical regs) and the statement that No one Actually knows if an ecig can save your life is SO misleading.

No an ecig can not perform CPR or open heart surgery, but what it can do is get BILLIONS of smokers off the weed and lower their risk for tobacco related illnesses, which in turn adds precious minutes, days, weeks, months and years onto an ex-smokers life.

Their useful links page http://banecigs.co.uk/useful-links/ contains a handful of selected stories that have either not been fully investigated like this one and can pretty much be left down to USER ERROR....just like guns dont kill people and pencils dont write words on their own.

Im sure we could pick apart the 10 Unknowns of ecigs link too

Which I will do briefly.

Electronic cigarettes are designed to look just like regular cigarettes

Erm no they aren't.
This one certainly doesn't look just like a cigarette

dbtgallery.php

9: Safety Concerns
Many regulatory agencies and health experts aren't sure the e-cigarette is safe.

Peer reviewed studies and even the EU has said that they know ecigs are up to 1000 times safer than traditional cigs. Nuff Said.

An electronic cigarette can contain as much nicotine as a regular cigarette -- or more.
Most ecigs contain an amount VERY close to what it says on the bottle. Buy from reputable vendors and you won't have to worry about 1-2 mg differences, compared to a dodgy retailer who doesn't care whats in them.
The important thing is HOW MUCH your body is taking in, which by most calculations is far less that what you were smoking previously.

Electronic cigarettes are being sold internationally, and can be easily purchased online

This is a fact that is WIDELY known as most people picked up a kit in a shop (gas station) and ended up some place like POTV....its one of them errmm...DUH! kind of statements.

Not Kid-friendly
Electronic cigarette manufacturers are careful not to directly market their product to young people.

I've never personally met a vendor that sells or markets to children. I have dealt with over 200 alone just on this forum, not to mention the hundreds in th states or even in China. Bullshit. Its dodgy shop owners that just care about making a £ that sell to kids and vapers dont approve.

They're expensive.

Not really. You can get a starter kit for under £20 with e-liquid. That £20 is for about a weeks worth of vaping (just to START) and is farr less than 5 packs of cigs. Also, replacement bits are still cheaper than a pack of cigs.

Maintenance Required
Electronic cigarettes are battery-powered and reusable, but users must charge the battery regularly

Another Ermm...DUH statement.

Not FDA Regulated, Yet
The FDA is in the process of having e-cigarettes labeled as a drug-delivery device so they can be regulated

They dont need to be as they are regulated under consumer regulations in the US and the EU...erm DUH.

Regulation of electronic cigarette use is still evolving, as the product is relatively new. Manufacturers often market e-cigarettes as cigarettes you can smoke anywhere, saying that they present no health risks because they don't emit secondhand smoke. However, health experts say there is no basis for a safety claim, as e-cigarettes have not been adequately tested.

LEGALLY you can VAPE them anywhere. We DONT SMOKE. and studies have shown that there is little to NO harm to bystanders. (google it!)

Secondhand Vapor
While e-cigarettes don't produce secondhand smoke, they do produce secondhand vapor. And even though manufacturers say that it's merely water vapor and therefore harmless, regulatory agencies and health experts contend that e-cigarette makers haven't conducted the research needed to prove this.

Seee above reply...erm...DUH.
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/08958378.2012.724728
Conclusions: For all byproducts measured, electronic cigarettes produce very small exposures relative to tobacco cigarettes. The study indicates no apparent risk to human health from e-cigarette emissions based on the compounds analyzed.

Read More: http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/08958378.2012.724728

Now I hope this person comes over to POTV after checking their sites analytics and sees that suddenly there is some traffic being referred to their feeble attempt at being scaremongers and politically correct in the "interest of public health" and you lot, can educate this person a little bit more.

Unless they really are that closed minded and ignorant....but still, just know that there are silly sites like this popping up and they soon fizzle out because we have the evidence, the facts, and vapers arent afraid to make their voices heard.

The 'created by the devil' bit at the end is priceless.

I can't seem to find an option to comment on this blog which is a pity.

Bane Cigs?

Some kind of new super-villain?

Clearly the work of someone struggling with personal issues, going into the ignore and forget file.

Wow.. his e-petition has 7 signatures already.. probably form 6 alternate email addresses.

The website front page has now been updated....

LMFAO @ this numbskull. I really wish people would take the opportunity to educate themselves before making total asses out of themselves....Tobacco related deaths are preventable and so is ignorance!

I did some replying on the facebook comments - I reckon they get deleted pretty quickly

Back
Top Bottom