What's new

Banned From Vaping?

Walking into a vape friendly pub and then complaining because you don't like vapour?

I'd go to the next f@@king pub that doesn't accept it and then everyone is happy! I never get why these people visit places that they have problems with when there's plenty of alternatives around? It's got to be just about one thing, feeling they have some sort of authority. Grrr!

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Youve seen no visual effects to something which is less harmful than cigarette smoke & thats just over a very short time period!!??....Be honest Im sure you could say the same if you chain smoked in the room, did you see any effects on them when you used to smoke tobacco in the room ?....I'll bet the answer is also no.... I would have said unless its another human that can communicate with you, your not going to know until it "possibly" does affect them & even then I doubt we'd associate it with vaping chemicals.....Im sure you know that amphibians are more sensitive to atmospheric conditions than most other animals, which is why its been known for years that you shouldnt spray things like furniture polish or deodorants around them......the chemicals in vaping arent going to be any different, its just less harmful than aerosols & the tobacco smoke that was there before.
Im not far off the same as you in that I stopped smoking tobacco in November last year, but before that Ive smoked tobacco for about the same time ive been keeping reptiles, amphibians & insects (nearly 30 years) & i used to smoke in the same room ive kept reptiles for years....even if one of them died I still wouldnt have to put it down to my smoking habit or even think it had had an effect on them...but I realise if it affects humans then its also going to have an effect on most other living things & usually the smaller the size the quicker those things can manifest.
Thats great news for you and your wife & I hope things improve even more for you both over the longer period & to be honest I would have thought thats the kind of results that would be expected if you stopped smoking tobacco around her anyway.

Back to everyone:.....The fact is I see the same old argument regarding vaping time & time again.....its less harmful than tobacco smoke & the products used in the juices are consumed in everday items that even non smokers eat so it must be safe.... Although its true regarding the tobacco smoke, with regards to heating chemicals to high temperatures.....until we know the undiluted truth & the facts.......in my opinion that just isnt the case!

Actually I never smoked around any of my animals as smoke is known to cause health problems in reptiles and amphibians.
The chemicals in air fresheners and furniture polishes that have an effect on the health of amphibians are the same oils/diacetyl etc that we should avoid using.

Just had one of THOSE conversations at work " You should not do that cos its smoking" All the normal stuff its not smoke etc etc. Then I get you are smoking chemicals you dont know whats in it, I explain I make my own so I know excatley whats in "it". Next Yep but those vape stores are dodgy ! they could sell you anything. Explain a lot of the supplies come from Boots so well dodgy etc etc . Then its the "think about the children angle " again explain no different from alcho pops etc so lets ban everything. So the great uninformed are still out there sitting behind their daily fail running the country. This is not some "old git" this is somebody in there 20's.

Ended up just walking away thinking I dont get into these conversations cos I cant be arsed , another 5 mins of my life I will never get back.

Fortunatly work policy is OK to vape :) so I dont give a flying F*ck. Not likely to change either deep joy and dont come in my F*cking office if you dont like it.

Just had one of THOSE conversations at work " You should not do that cos its smoking" All the normal stuff its not smoke etc etc. Then I get you are smoking chemicals you dont know whats in it, I explain I make my own so I know excatley whats in "it". Next Yep but those vape stores are dodgy ! they could sell you anything. Explain a lot of the supplies come from Boots so well dodgy etc etc . Then its the "think about the children angle " again explain no different from alcho pops etc so lets ban everything. So the great uninformed are still out there sitting behind their daily fail running the country. This is not some "old git" this is somebody in there 20's.

Ended up just walking away thinking I dont get into these conversations cos I cant be arsed , another 5 mins of my life I will never get back.

Fortunatly work policy is OK to vape :) so I dont give a flying F*ck. Not likely to change either deep joy and dont come in my F*cking office if you dont like it.

I think we should all print these out on little flyers to give to such idiots.
Top 20 Rebuttals to Win an E-Cigarette Debate - EcigaretteReviewed

Not the daily fail so wont get read.

So option two is to tell them to poke it which I like better and is in fact was the passing shot

" You cant fix stupid "

fucktards.jpg

I still try to be considerate when vaping as in general people don't understand and it's easier than tying to preach. I don't feel we should be grouped with the smokers but at the same time I wouldn't think it acceptable to vape on a bus or a plane like I've known people state they have every right to. In the work place should be dictated by the employers but again we shouldn't be lumped in with the smokers in the same smoking area.

Ok so we kind of went of the tracks here but I'm assuming that it is up to the management/owners/licence holder of the establishment although I think you all make good points here and I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this one personally I try not to vape in front of or around children not for health reasons but more for the fact they think it's something that is fun or (cool) and I definitely don't want to encourage them to start this believe me my godson has seen me vaping and is now obsessed (whoops). But otherwise I think if you ask the management I usually don't have a problem with it. I have only ever had one place that had a problem with it and I don't go back there now but that was mainly because they told me it was fine to vape. Then the hairy arsed manager stomped out and told me stop or to leave (make up your damn minds) Grrrrrr !

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Last edited:
Hadn't been in my local for about a month and was happily surprised when I found so many vapers in on Thursday night. At our table alone there was 6 of us alone. I always ask at the bar if it's ok to vape and I'm yet to find a pub in my town that doesn't allow it, in fact most of the staff are now using them too :)

Back
Top Bottom