What's new

BB Panels V1.0

You had a play with yours Si? Did you get the DNA version or the standard? Cheers

Love the colour of these can't wait to see some more! I see spending more money on the horizon!!

if your painting them then have a look at spray filler ,its just thick primer

is there not a process called vapour something where you put the printed item in a sealed container and the print lines disappear

looking smart

Printed off the back panel and fits a treat, popped a Vespa logo on mine but need some suggestions for a standard one, do I put a design on it or leave it plain?

You had a play with yours Si? Did you get the DNA version or the standard? Cheers

Yeah, not as easy to wick as yours as I'm getting dry hits now and then, going to rewick it and see if I can pull the cotton through the holes, I might even dremmel slots into it.

Couldn't afford the DNA versionso got the SXK chip.

But with the plug and my new panels I love it already :)

Last edited:
if your painting them then have a look at spray filler ,its just thick primer

is there not a process called vapour something where you put the printed item in a sealed container and the print lines disappear

looking smart
I have got some spray filler primer to try, I am printing with PLA so vapour smoothing doesn't work on it, elbow grease and sand paper is the only way to smooth it properly.

I have one sanded & painted already and looks great, going to lacquer it tomorrow and test it for durability, I tried Plasticoat but it's too soft and marks easily.

I have got some spray filler primer to try, I am printing with PLA so vapour smoothing doesn't work on it, elbow grease and sand paper is the only way to smooth it properly.

I have one sanded & painted already and looks great, going to lacquer it tomorrow and test it for durability, I tried Plasticoat but it's too soft and marks easily.
most paints take a week or 2 to fully harden so it might be worth letting them sit for a bit before testing
you could try looking at bumper paint as well as iit has a plasticizer in it so it remains flexible to a point but its not as hard as the normal paint but a lot less likely to split or crack if the door gets bent

I will have a shop around tomorrow, the Plasticoat I've tried is months old yet you can't even wipe it with a wet cloth as it goes dull, that and you can't polish it, I've only tried the metallic ones though.

Here's one I am printing off for myself, I think I will paint it matt black :)

BilletBoxPanel-Tank-Side-fixed v1.jpg

Anyway, I'm pretty much ready to start producing, need to know what people want, bare or customised, blank or with cutouts.

I can personalise each one to order but obviously it will cost more than standard, let me know your thoughts so I can estimate prices.

Colours available at the moment:
Blue
White
Red
Black
Silver
Orange

I am testing out painted versions but they take me a lot longer, took me 2 hours to sand 1 panel, looking at ways to speed this up but any fast machine type sanding isn't viable as it melts the plastic or warps it.

Back
Top Bottom