What's new

BB Panels V1.0

Only a idea feel free to shoot it down,but a POTV group buy,same design only in different colours might be nice.Assuming we can all agree on the design...lol

Only a idea feel free to shoot it down,but a POTV group buy,same design only in different colours might be nice.Assuming we can all agree on the design...lol
A group buy isn't going to save much with all the variants, pretty much going to have to produce these in separate pairs.

If there was a standard design and colour I could shave the price down, but I'm all geared up to produce custom options.

Latest revision is they are now 3mm flat with curved edges which look a lot better without the step lines plus it make custom text and images stand out better.

I have also ordered some 'Truck Bed Liner' paint, after seeing an example it gives a great look with a slight grippy texture, Black only though.

here's some cad examples, I will post a photo of my Star Wars one later so you can see the actual quality.

BB Door FLAT Back v4.jpg
BB Door FLAT Back v4-b.jpg
BilletBoxPanel-Tank-Side-fixed v3a.jpg
BilletBoxPanel-Tank-Side-fixed v3b.jpg

I was mostly inferring that a design to promote POTV so it could be like our own 'secret squirrel' badge.
But i'll probably buy a set or two anyway.

I was mostly inferring that a design to promote POTV so it could be like our own 'secret squirrel' badge.
But i'll probably buy a set or two anyway.
I get you now, more food for thought thanks :)

I am just trying to finalise a 'standard' design but got plenty of ideas for more thinking outside of the box designs (pun intended).

I'm printing off some of the colour choices which will help.

I'm starting to print different colours and samples, here's a few of them.

**check the last photo to see why I have opted for the FLAT design, the original contour left too many print line steps and hard to sand smooth.

Star Wars (for me) buffed up to 7000 grit, actually look better than shown, also need to do the final clean up.

BB-StarWars-1.jpg

Tribal in Silver, prior to sanding, I am going to try something different with this, paint it blue before sanding thus leaving the scroll blue and the panels smooth silver, could be a fail but going to try.

BB-Tribal-1.jpg

BB Embossed logo, not too happy with this logo, so will go back to the suggest inner original logo style.
Again prior to sanding.
BB-BB-Logo-1.jpg

Finally the RAF (rough as f**k) curved version which caused me many hours post processing.
BB-Rough-Curve.jpg

I'd really like one in that light blue in your picture but with just the bottom window to show the wattage but not the borough tank window. The BB logo looks good but POTV would look better! Let me know when you can do one and I will send payment over. I know you are still experimenting with these so no rush I just love that blue colour and finish. No doubt I will be getting a few of these when you decide on the finished article.

Latest colours:
I printed white for the sake of it, but it's one of my favourites - added magnets and now on my BB :)

First off is Silver with painted embossed pattern, it looks better than the photos but the pattern had gaps, gives an idea of custom options though.

BB-Infill-1.jpg

Plain Red not sanded

BB-Red.jpg

Black spray painted with truck bed liner giving a rough texture, came out pretty well.

BB-Textured.jpg

And my pick of the bunch, plain White not sanded.

BB-White-1.jpg
BB-White-2.jpg

Lol I do.. and they look good! I like the rough texture look too. Save them for me please :D

Back
Top Bottom