What's new

BD1's Guide to mixing

Delivery today, 5 litres of base nic, 72mg/ml

I think it's going to take a lot of mixing to get through that lot :umm:
No shit! I'd reckon on that lasting me 7 or 8 years ... you're going into production or summat?

No shit! I'd reckon on that lasting me 7 or 8 years ... you're going into production or summat?

I've thought about it, but that's mainly for me incase the government starts taxing the shit out of vaping, i'll be one step ahead then. I'll probably buy another 500ml or so every month. If I can wean myself down to vaping maybe 6mg instead of 18mg, it'll last me even longer.

I've thought about it, but that's mainly for me incase the government starts taxing the shit out of vaping, i'll be one step ahead then. I'll probably buy another 500ml or so every month. If I can wean myself down to vaping maybe 6mg instead of 18mg, it'll last me even longer.
I guess a lot of mixers have thought about that ... some like you are laying stocks down already. If you can afford it, why not, it's not like it degrades significantly when stored correctly.
I think I'll hold off until we hear something firmer. It does risk a run on nic as soon as availability or price is threatened, but I don't see the government springing a nasty overnight hike in a budget whilst the jury's still out on vaping more generally.

I'm also rethinking this strategy of reducing nic levels in my home made juice - it just makes me vape more. It's counter-productive. Maybe to reduce our overall daily nic intake we need to up our nic levels so that we vape less? Of course some would say they want to vape more, they enjoy it that much. Vaping is becoming a pasttime, taking up hours and hours of "spare" time, it's taking over from everything else in our lives ... I don't remember spending an entire evening smoking. So it's past the point of replacing the fags, it's replacing getting on with life.

Anyway, back on thread ... with all this nic laid down, how much finished juice do you have laid down? I reckon I could go 3 months without mixing another drop ... probably 2-3 months more with the bases I still have to mix.

I guess a lot of mixers have thought about that ... some like you are laying stocks down already. If you can afford it, why not, it's not like it degrades significantly when stored correctly.
I think I'll hold off until we hear something firmer. It does risk a run on nic as soon as availability or price is threatened, but I don't see the government springing a nasty overnight hike in a budget whilst the jury's still out on vaping more generally.

I'm also rethinking this strategy of reducing nic levels in my home made juice - it just makes me vape more. It's counter-productive. Maybe to reduce our overall daily nic intake we need to up our nic levels so that we vape less? Of course some would say they want to vape more, they enjoy it that much. Vaping is becoming a pasttime, taking up hours and hours of "spare" time, it's taking over from everything else in our lives ... I don't remember spending an entire evening smoking. So it's past the point of replacing the fags, it's replacing getting on with life.

Anyway, back on thread ... with all this nic laid down, how much finished juice do you have laid down? I reckon I could go 3 months without mixing another drop ... probably 2-3 months more with the bases I still have to mix.

I've got about 7 or 8 30ml bottles in the steeping drawer, couple of these will probably get binned. I'm waiting on deliveries of PG and especially VG so I can get mixing more. I find i'm vaping at the same rate now as I was when I was vaping 36mg, so not really getting through anymore juice, just less nicotine, so if I can drop further, I reckon the nic stocks I've got now will laste me a decade or more. When there is a run on nic then I can probably recover a few quid by selling a few bottles at profit :D

I've got about 7 or 8 30ml bottles in the steeping drawer, couple of these will probably get binned. I'm waiting on deliveries of PG and especially VG so I can get mixing more. I find i'm vaping at the same rate now as I was when I was vaping 36mg, so not really getting through anymore juice, just less nicotine, so if I can drop further, I reckon the nic stocks I've got now will laste me a decade or more. When there is a run on nic then I can probably recover a few quid by selling a few bottles at profit :D
Fair play, but if you can't replace it, best hold on eh?
Binning 30ml bottles is a lot of waste ... what's gone wrong there?

Fair play, but if you can't replace it, best hold on eh?
Binning 30ml bottles is a lot of waste ... what's gone wrong there?
Couple of mixes I thought were a good idea at the time, turned out not to be lol

@BD1 any recommendations on a sweet cream ??
Capella Sweet cream isn't particularly sweet, or creamy for that matter. TFA Dairy/Milk is nice and creamy but not particularly sweet, I have a few more at home that I've not tried yet, but a couple did smell quite promising, will let you know what the others are once I get home.

Capella Sweet cream isn't particularly sweet, or creamy for that matter. TFA Dairy/Milk is nice and creamy but not particularly sweet, I have a few more at home that I've not tried yet, but a couple did smell quite promising, will let you know what the others are once I get home.
TFA Dairy Milk creamy and not to sweet would go well because then I will find it easier controlling the sweetness of a mix.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom