What's new

Boros at vapesmarter

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
boros are the thing at the moment it seems

I wanted to design an entry-level version and have done some examples below

everyman and his dog make boros these days but a stabwood one is not that common I have two versions 18650 and the 21700 which are semi-mechanical there seem to be lots of pure mechs with bits of copper or silver made to be tiny that you pop in your pocket all printed on a printer..... but a pure mech in your pocket hmmmm

so I use either a clickfet board or a limelight ram board both of these give you basic protection in regards to voltage drop well that's pretty much horse shit you would not know the difference both boards go straight to the positive the same as the copper strip thingy the negative side stops the voltage on the boards

have a gander

imageIMG_1983.jpg
imageIMG_1984.jpg
imageIMG_1985.jpg
imageIMG_1986.jpg
imageIMG_2039.jpg
imageIMG_2040.jpg
imageIMG_2041.jpg
imageIMG_2059.jpg
imageIMG_2060.jpg
imageIMG_2061.jpg
imageIMG_2087.jpg
imageIMG_2088.jpg
imageIMG_2089.jpg
imageIMG_2134.jpg
imageIMG_2136.jpg
imageIMG_2138.jpg
imageIMG_2169.jpg
imageIMG_2170.jpg
imageIMG_2171.jpg

and here is a review if you are serious about modmaking don't be shy ladies send it for a review

plus on top of that the Boros do have also the combined flush nut and 510 units, all go out with a tank as well

imageIMG_2174.jpg

boros are the thing at the moment it seems

I wanted to design an entry-level version and have done some examples below

everyman and his dog make boros these days but a stabwood one is not that common I have two versions 18650 and the 21700 which are semi-mechanical there seem to be lots of pure mechs with bits of copper or silver made to be tiny that you pop in your pocket all printed on a printer..... but a pure mech in your pocket hmmmm

so I use either a clickfet board or a limelight ram board both of these give you basic protection in regards to voltage drop well that's pretty much horse shit you would not know the difference both boards go straight to the positive the same as the copper strip thingy the negative side stops the voltage on the boards

have a gander

View attachment 325834 View attachment 325835 View attachment 325836 View attachment 325837 View attachment 325838 View attachment 325839 View attachment 325840 View attachment 325841 View attachment 325842 View attachment 325843 View attachment 325844 View attachment 325845 View attachment 325846 View attachment 325847 View attachment 325848 View attachment 325849 View attachment 325850 View attachment 325851 View attachment 325852

and here is a review if you are serious about modmaking don't be shy ladies send it for a review

plus on top of that the Boros do have also the combined flush nut and 510 units, all go out with a tank as well

View attachment 325853

those really are a thing of beauty @vapesmarter especially the black & orange one think i best get saving :)

Some lovely work Stu. Any regulated Boro mods on the way?

Some lovely work Stu. Any regulated Boro mods on the way?

I have done some but the board is the issue regulated boards are all dna60 type of style I hate the board and I am waiting i hope on a smaller colour screen board that would suit but as yet no luck

I have done some but the board is the issue regulated boards are all dna60 type of style I hate the board and I am waiting i hope on a smaller colour screen board that would suit but as yet no luck

Most of us like the dna60 I think. What's the problem with them?

Most of us like the dna60 I think. What's the problem with them?

i will be honest

they are known as the octopus board... if you want to put switches or usb etc in the mod that's not on the board they all have to have wires attached which is a proper pain all those little wires fuck sake

there is no mount for the board I did design one and got a friend to code it for either a CNC or laser to cut out he looked at the dims and the board and said "Jesus that is shit"

you have to either fit the screen below or curve it to the base or you can get a wanky extender that's awkward

the screen is black and white why buy a black and white telly when you can have a colour one

the holes for the battery cable are tiny even though this bundle of joy will ramp up and pulse at 30 amps

the USB board is separate so you have to glue it in remember the cables if you don't someone always kicks off as they want a USB so they can change the text on the screen to "Dave Luvs Kaz" or some convoluted motif

the life of the board depends on how you use it "I always vape at 60 watts" "The screen has gone white" "My girlfriend is called Kaz I want to personalize the screen"

the board has 4 mounting holes on the edge of the board but has a line so you can nip off the edges with the bloody holes if you don't mount the board correctly it means another process or you can just glue the whole lot in and wing it

on the back of the board off the center is a big chip granted its not as big as the chip on the back of a dicodes (don't get me started) but its still a pain to mount flat.

but of course, of course, someone will always say how many dna60 mods they have made, great wonderful fill ya boots the board is old it's been about for years move on... jesus it's 2023 not 2015 .

it comes in a nice box though

The DNA60 blows the socks off the DNA75C for efficiency, meaning you actually get to use the damn mod longer, but don't let pesky users get in the way....

Back
Top Bottom