What's new

Bringing E Liquid into the UK for personal use.

PaPaRumple

I am currently in SA and want to bring as much vape juice as possible back into the UK when I come home.

I can't find any information online on the limitations for bringing in liquid for personal use.

I vape 20mg salt nic in the UK and I know in the UK you can't buy bigger than 10ml bottles or higher than 20mg.

I want to bring back with me as here in SA they sell 50 to 100ml bottles of salt nic all the way up to 50mg nic.

Can anyone advise on the matter as I don't wanna bring anything in I'm not allowed too but I really can't find any documentation on limits of bringing in e liquid.

Hi @PaPaRumple and welcome to the planet.

As youve mentioned thanks to tpd any thing over 10ml and 20mg is illegal in the uk.
Im no expert but but its a risk bringing back anything over 20mg. you may get lucky and they dont stop you but as all bags are scanned them seeing lots of bottles in your hold luggage could get opened to check and just like drug swabs im sure i read something about swabs that can tell strength of nicotine.
for hand luggage its a maximum of 100ml of all liquids.

other option is 72mg nic which is also illegal to buy here without a trade account but its still out there cough cough. also cant openly talk about it on here as a public forum that shows up on google.
then you could buy one shots zero nic concentrates available in 250/500ml and add your own nic and vg/pg.

best wait for others to reply though as they may no more than me.

Hi @PaPaRumple and welcome to the planet.

As youve mentioned thanks to tpd any thing over 10ml and 20mg is illegal in the uk.
Im no expert but but its a risk bringing back anything over 20mg. you may get lucky and they dont stop you but as all bags are scanned them seeing lots of bottles in your hold luggage could get opened to check and just like drug swabs im sure i read something about swabs that can tell strength of nicotine.
for hand luggage its a maximum of 100ml of all liquids.

other option is 72mg nic which is also illegal to buy here without a trade account but its still out there cough cough. also cant openly talk about it on here as a public forum that shows up on google.
then you could buy one shots zero nic concentrates available in 250/500ml and add your own nic and vg/pg.

best wait for others to reply though as they may no more than me.

Thanks for the reply, to be honest I don't mind going back to the usual 20mg nic it's the larger bottles of juice I really like. So even if Its not a good idea to bring in 50mg then my next or even my main question is how many 50ml bottles will I be allowed to bring in. I have checked the official UK customs documentation and it talks about tobacco and alcohol limits but nothing on vape juice making me think I can bring as much as I like.

Googled it and couldn't find a definite answer on what e-liquid can and can't be brought into the UK in terms of volume and nicotine content. However as you can mix your own juice in the UK in whatever sized bottle and nicotine strength you like you'd imagine it shouldn't be a problem.

The link below may help and the restrictions vary by airline and if carry on or hold luggage so worth checking with the airline you'll be using.

https://vapoholic.co.uk/2022/05/09/how-much-vape-liquid-can-you-take-on-a-plane/

Googled it and couldn't find a definite answer on what e-liquid can and can't be brought into the UK in terms of volume and nicotine content. However as you can mix your own juice in the UK in whatever sized bottle and nicotine strength you like you'd imagine it shouldn't be a problem.

The link below may help and the restrictions vary by airline and if carry on or hold luggage so worth checking with the airline you'll be using.

https://vapoholic.co.uk/2022/05/09/how-much-vape-liquid-can-you-take-on-a-plane/

Yea it strange how there is nothing on the limitations. As I said I looked on official HMRS customs documentation and nothing is mentioned about e liquid so I would imagine it won't be a problem. I think I will stick to 20mg nic to be safe. Will just be happy to have much bigger containers at much better prices. I will never understand why they have restricted tank sizes bottle sizes it's almost like they want people to keep smoking tabbaco.

Might be worth checking the requirements/limitations of your carrier. Just looked a okvape and the airlines have very different rules regarding liquids & batteries.

Might be worth checking the requirements/limitations of your carrier. Just looked a okvape and the airlines have very different rules regarding liquids & batteries.

Yea I saw that but I'm on swiss airlines which is not mentioned at all. I plan on putting all my vape liquids in my checked in luggage.

Yea I saw that but I'm on swiss airlines which is not mentioned at all. I plan on putting all my vape liquids in my checked in luggage.
a little tip. they will most prob leak, so what ive always done is cover the whole bottle in sellafane over the nozzle then tighten on cap. and then double bag them all.

As suggested check what they will allow - okvape was largely UK based info and certainly didn’t cover every carrier (from every airport)

Back
Top Bottom