What's new

Coil diameter

dannyhastings

Postman
Can any of you lovely people just educate me on what difference the diameter of a coil makes?? I mean other than the ohms you will achieve??

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I like to know everything about a subject when I take it on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Can any of you lovely people just educate me on what difference the diameter of a coil makes?? I mean other than the ohms you will achieve??

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I like to know everything about a subject when I take it on!!

Larger diameter, more surface area/larger wick. Will make the ohms higher though.

So would you say better performance??

Depends what you are looking for I guess.

I haven't used cotton for ages, but an example would be me using ribbon kanthal instead of normal kanthal on my RSST. It covers more of the wick, so more vapour and flavour etc.

Depends what you are looking for I guess.

I haven't used cotton for ages, but an example would be me using ribbon kanthal instead of normal kanthal on my RSST. It covers more of the wick, so more vapour and flavour etc.

Okay so I can see the logic in that but people go mad about tiny micro coils so I always though that was the way to go??

Okay so I can see the logic in that but people go mad about tiny micro coils so I always though that was the way to go??

Who goes mad over tiny microcoils? Not something I've seen. The standard nowadays is 2mm pretty much. Some do bigger, a few do smaller coils.

Who goes mad over tiny microcoils? Not something I've seen. The standard nowadays is 2mm pretty much. Some do bigger, a few do smaller coils.

Okay that's fair enough, I mean Ive been building 2mm micro coils but was looking in to 3mm that's why I was asking!!

Okay that's fair enough, I mean Ive been building 2mm micro coils but was looking in to 3mm that's why I was asking!!

Way to see if you like it, is make one and see what you think. Report back so others can see/get help if they are in the same scenario.

Way to see if you like it, is make one and see what you think. Report back so others can see/get help if they are in the same scenario.

Okay mate that's what I shall do, I'm so new to building coils that my coils are so hit and miss at the moment!! I went with dual coil first and then single and saw a huge difference and didn't know how normal that was either!!

Okay mate that's what I shall do, I'm so new to building coils that my coils are so hit and miss at the moment!! I went with dual coil first and then single and saw a huge difference and didn't know how normal that was either!!

Worth nailing single coils first, before moving onto duals. I spent a few months perfecting singles until I moved to duals. Can be difficult to get them glowing evenly/wicked the same.

Back
Top Bottom