What's new

Considering new tank - Wotofo Profile PS RDA or Profile M RTA?

meredith2k5

Postman
Has anyone got either kit and able to comment/recommend one?
The Profile PS looks interesting as its dual mesh with the option to swap between parallel/series. I have a few single battery squonkers that would suit it just fine. I am new to mesh wiring however so would 2 be overkill?
The Profile M RTA is also high up on my list of considerations, mainly as i can get one much sooner as im impatient ;) Its tiny for an RTA but doesn't look to bad to wick. If im being honest I struggle to get the wicking right on the standard profile so not sure how I would fare with this.

What are your favourites guys, any recommendations welcome including other tanks I haven't mentioned here! I will be pretty much new to mesh coil building and wicking, I have built a standard profile mesh build before but could never quite get it right, I imagine once you do its quite an experience however.

I had the M and whilst it offered an excellent vape, it's limited capacity (even with the bubble glass) really let it down as it's a very thirsty tank. Another major annoyance about it was the slide-to-fill cap. You had remove the drip tip to use bigger bottles and the rubber anti-spill grommet eventually fell apart over time. This would have been less of an issues if you didn't need to fill it every 5 minutes.

My favourite all time tank, mesh or otherwise is the Profile Unity. Once you master the wicking (which really isn't hard) it's an absolute joy to use. A close second would be the Kylin M Pro. Check the link in my signature of a step by step wicking guide that works with the Unity or Kylin.

You can get both on NewVaping in non TPD-restricted form, and they do 10% off for new customers too.

No experience of the PS RDA though I'm afraid, as RDAs aren't my thing (I did have the original Profile v1 RDA and it was great, I'm just too lazy for dripping).

Has anyone got either kit and able to comment/recommend one?
The Profile PS looks interesting as its dual mesh with the option to swap between parallel/series. I have a few single battery squonkers that would suit it just fine. I am new to mesh wiring however so would 2 be overkill?
The Profile M RTA is also high up on my list of considerations, mainly as i can get one much sooner as im impatient ;) Its tiny for an RTA but doesn't look to bad to wick. If im being honest I struggle to get the wicking right on the standard profile so not sure how I would fare with this.

What are your favourites guys, any recommendations welcome including other tanks I haven't mentioned here! I will be pretty much new to mesh coil building and wicking, I have built a standard profile mesh build before but could never quite get it right, I imagine once you do its quite an experience however.

Neither get the kylin M pro ;) :P

I have both and prefer the Wotofo PS though it uses 2 strips of mesh at a time, it's no good for a single battery mod and i would recommend a dual battery squonk mod, i do like the Profile M but not as much as the PS.

I had the M and whilst it offered an excellent vape, it's limited capacity (even with the bubble glass) really let it down as it's a very thirsty tank. Another major annoyance about it was the slide-to-fill cap. You had remove the drip tip to use bigger bottles and the rubber anti-spill grommet eventually fell apart over time. This would have been less of an issues if you didn't need to fill it every 5 minutes.

My favourite all time tank, mesh or otherwise is the Profile Unity. Once you master the wicking (which really isn't hard) it's an absolute joy to use. A close second would be the Kylin M Pro. Check the link in my signature of a step by step wicking guide that works with the Unity or Kylin.

You can get both on NewVaping in non TPD-restricted form, and they do 10% off for new customers too.

No experience of the PS RDA though I'm afraid, as RDAs aren't my thing (I did have the original Profile v1 RDA and it was great, I'm just too lazy for dripping).

Thanks for this, really informative! I hadnt considered the capacity to be honest, I do always have juice to hand as I use the Uwell Crown 5 and it suffers a similar problem. Even with the bubble glass you can easily go through a tank in half an hour, I would rather avoid that if possible but its not a deal breaker.
The Profile M has a smaller distance between juice and wick along with shorter travel distance between the coil and your gob from what ive read, does this not have any major difference to the Unity? Im actually the opposite as in ive never really used RTA's but always RDA's! If they did a dual mesh RTA it would be a no brainer for me.
I will most definitely check out the build tutorial, cheers :)

Neither get the kylin M pro ;) :P
Interesting opinion, a couple of other forum members have liked this so there must be something to it!
I do love Vandyvape as a company as they make some killer devices and arnt usually expensive. I do have the Vandyvape mesh RDA however but cant get on with it. The build deck is completly flat, as in there is no juice well so wicking it is a pain and I could never get it to even a useable standard.
I will definitely look into the Kylin M Pro though as it looks totally different to the old mesh RDA!

Is this still the case even in series/parallel? Mesh seems to heat up really fast so I hadnt really factored this as an issue. I have about 4/5 squonkers that are all single battery, I do have a dual battery Nikola Niagra that is quite old now that would work with it should a single be inadequate, no TC mode on it though as far as I can tell :(

Thanks for this, really informative! I hadnt considered the capacity to be honest, I do always have juice to hand as I use the Uwell Crown 5 and it suffers a similar problem. Even with the bubble glass you can easily go through a tank in half an hour, I would rather avoid that if possible but its not a deal breaker.
The Profile M has a smaller distance between juice and wick along with shorter travel distance between the coil and your gob from what ive read, does this not have any major difference to the Unity? Im actually the opposite as in ive never really used RTA's but always RDA's! If they did a dual mesh RTA it would be a no brainer for me.

Interesting opinion, a couple of other forum members have liked this so there must be something to it!
I do love Vandyvape as a company as they make some killer devices and arnt usually expensive. I do have the Vandyvape mesh RDA however but cant get on with it. The build deck is completly flat, as in there is no juice well so wicking it is a pain and I could never get it to even a useable standard.
I will definitely look into the Kylin M Pro though as it looks totally different to the old mesh RDA!

Is this still the case even in series/parallel? Mesh seems to heat up really fast so I hadnt really factored this as an issue. I have about 4/5 squonkers that are all single battery, I do have a dual battery Nikola Niagra that is quite old now that would work with it should a single be inadequate, no TC mode on it though as far as I can tell :(

the main reason i like the kylin M pro is for one simple reason, its juice capacity & the fact its doddle to wick using mesh its the same as the profile m just holds more juice & a twist of top rather than a kidney hole..

In theory the shorter distance should provide better flavour but in practice I still found the Unity to be better even with the same mesh strips in both (99% of the time I use the OFRF 0.13ohm A1 strips). Same with the Kylin M Pro, I do love it but I'd still say the Unity just edges ahead in terms of flavour. The Kylin is great for out and about though, as it's got 8ml capacity with the bubble glass vs the Unity's 3.5ml (or 5ml with the extension).

You can get a dual mesh strip to fit both tanks. Not quite true dual mesh like the PS RDA but I really like them as an occasional alternative to the OFRF strips.

I'm not sure about the series/parallel stuff I'm afraid... I only use regulated mods in Wattage mode so anything other than that is a bit alien to me! I use both tanks on either a single 18650 Aegis Solo or single 21700 Odin Mini at 45W (Unity) and 50W (Kylin) and they perform well. I did try TC modes with SS strips but soon went back to Wattage mode as it's set and forget. I will say the fast ramp up time of mesh is one of the best things about it though, and makes going back to traditional round wire coils quite difficult.

Another thing that will make using mesh tanks a whole lot easier is this Wotofo Xfiber 6mm cotton. It's the perfect thickness and density for mesh and you can get two wicks per lace, so essentially 20 per box. Vandy Vape and Firebolt make cotton specifically designed "M" cotton for mesh too, so I usually just buy whatever I can find cheapest at the time.

Back
Top Bottom