What's new

Looking for a new tank

I’ve not used jacvapour products so can’t comment, but I’ve been using the Zlide tanks for around two years and not had problems with the Z coils and I not about to change for anything else.

As said, not familiar with the coils but would have thought they are generally “okay”, if not spectacular. Some juices can be coil killers, but not a couple of ml in!
Talk us through your priming regime using the vw mod, including wattages. That might help.
I will normally drop some liquid at the opening at the top opening. 3-4 drops. I will then squeeze some drops from the side part where the cotton is exposed.
I then let the device stand for 10 mins ( or longer if needed).

I will normally drop some liquid at the opening at the top opening. 3-4 drops. I will then squeeze some drops from the side part where the cotton is exposed.
I then let the device stand for 10 mins ( or longer if needed).
Good (and assume you mount the coil in the tank and fill it) and what then? - wattage etc

Yep..once filled up, I will start around 8-9 watts...all the way till about 11. Normally don't go higher 10-12 watts.
I break my could in a lot “slower” than that.
Start at 5w - a few non-fired good draws to maybe “pull” the juice through.
3 or 4 light draws with a good pause between and going up .5 watt at a time.
And that’s all preceded by a minimum 30 minute sit of the primed coil in a full tank.
Works for me, but everyone will have their own regime.
And the problem you’ll likely behaving with the battery mod is that you have no idea what wattage it’s firing at and no way to adjust it. It may be a bit to much for the coil/juice combination.

I break my could in a lot “slower” than that.
Start at 5w - a few non-fired good draws to maybe “pull” the juice through.
3 or 4 light draws with a good pause between and going up .5 watt at a time.
And that’s all preceded by a minimum 30 minute sit of the primed coil in a full tank.
Works for me, but everyone will have their own regime.
And the problem you’ll likely behaving with the battery mod is that you have no idea what wattage it’s firing at and no way to adjust it. It may be a bit to much for the coil/juice combination.
Copying their marketing for the battery if that helps:

Boasting a huge 2600mAh capacity in its compact frame, our S22 vape battery will last the average vaper all day before needing to be recharged.

This sub-ohm capable workhorse is designed to work best with our S22 topfill tank, and will support coils rated as low as 0.5Ω.

Designed right here in the UK by JAC, and comes with a 6 month warranty.

S22 Vape Pen Specifications
Dimensions – 82mm (H) x 22mm (W) 27mm (L)
Power – Unregulated 3.1v – 4.2v (3.7v nominal)
Capacity – 2600mAh
Min resistance – 0.50hm
Materials – 303 steel alloy, matte black PVD finish, ABS/polycarbonate button with rubber oil finish
Five click lock
USB-C charging (requires a USB-C charging lead)
Overcharge protection
Short circuit protection
Battery vents
Pass thru functionality

I am using a Series S22 battery https://www.jacvapour.com/e-cig-batteries/series-s-batteries. This is my daily driver due to how light it is with no need for playing around.
And have tried both MTL or DL.

I have observed the issue in both types of coils!
i recon this could be a coil issue as last time i used the s22 the coils were lasting me around 2 months and that was using now defunct nova vapes grape ice which was quite sweet.
its been at least 4 years but checking the boxes ive got 1 coil left of both the 0.5 and 1ohm dtl coil pink box and a couple of boxes of 1ohm s coil mtl blue box.

Those basic battery and simple stock coil tank set ups are relatively cheap and very simple to use but if there is no way to adjust the power it will vary and be dependent on the battery charge. Something as simple as fitting a new coil to a freshly charged battery can be enough to short life the coil - as mentioned by others, to get the best life from a coil you need to basically bed the coil in by initially running it at very low possible power settings and raising the power by very small increments until you find a sweet spot - but try to avoid running it at, or close to, the coils maximum power rating as this WILL give a short life span.

If your current battery runs on a voltage by-pass system and the voltage sent to the coil cannot be dualled down then, when the battery is fully charged and you press the fire button, for the first fraction of a second you will be sending over 17 watts to a 1 ohm coil until battery sag reduces the voltage. If there is no way to reduce or limit the voltage then this will happen and it is a coil killer.

This type of mod works much better with coils between 1.5 to 2.0 ohms as, even with 4.2 volts from a freshly charged battery initially being sent, only about 11W will reach a 1.5 ohm coil or 8W to a 2.0 Ohm coil.

IF your mod has voltage adjustment then use the lowest output, but judging by the specs you have listed it does not.

Sorry mate, but your best option is to cut your losses and buy something else - and that means going for something with adjustable power settings. It will cost more which is never welcome but you should quickly recoup your losses because you won't be buying coils as frequently. Personally I would look at Innokin products - something paired with a Zlide Tank would be good IMO.

Copying their marketing for the battery if that helps:

Boasting a huge 2600mAh capacity in its compact frame, our S22 vape battery will last the average vaper all day before needing to be recharged.

This sub-ohm capable workhorse is designed to work best with our S22 topfill tank, and will support coils rated as low as 0.5Ω.

Designed right here in the UK by JAC, and comes with a 6 month warranty.

S22 Vape Pen Specifications
Dimensions – 82mm (H) x 22mm (W) 27mm (L)
Power – Unregulated 3.1v – 4.2v (3.7v nominal)
Capacity – 2600mAh
Min resistance – 0.50hm
Materials – 303 steel alloy, matte black PVD finish, ABS/polycarbonate button with rubber oil finish
Five click lock
USB-C charging (requires a USB-C charging lead)
Overcharge protection
Short circuit protection
Battery vents
Pass thru functionality
But no mention (or control) of wattage. I’m guessing that the mod “reads” the resistance and put out a wattage based on some algorithm on the chip.
You’ll get a better vaping experience with longer lasting coils by using a regulated (at least vw) mod with a somewhat more mainstream tank and known’n’trusted coils (and a good priming/break in regime) - imo of course.

I've been impressed with the 1.0ohm nautilus coils recently. They last a decent amount of time and the flavour is outstanding.

There are a load of tanks that take them... obv a lot of the nautilus ones (not the nautilus X though).

Regardless, I'd def go for a mod with variable wattage too. You won't be sorry you made the investment.

Back
Top Bottom