What's new

New tank for zelos 3 mod

Roberto1980

Initiate
Hi there

I am using an aspire zelos 3 kit with nautilus 3 tank, but feel the tank is limited as even the 0.3 mesh coil can only go up to 28w even tho mod can go up to 80w, I'm looking at new tanks to go with mod, considering geekvape Zeus, would this be ok with the mod, or any other tank suggestions? Thanks in advance

The Nautilus BVC .3 ohm coil has a “recommended” wattage range of 23 - 38 watts. I have specifically said “recommended” as, in my experience (certainly of the 1 & .7 ohm coils) they perform best at below the “recommended” range. I run 1 ohm coils at 8 or 9 watts. What actual wattage you use is very much down to what suits you, and a lower wattage will extend coil life generally.
Just because your mod is capable of pumping out a given wattage doesn’t mean you have to use that, or anything like it.
You should only need to run at the higher wattages if the coils you are using - generally home built coils in a rebuildable tank - require higher wattages.
In my opinion, the tank you are using is a very suitable match for the range of available coils.

The Nautilus BVC .3 ohm coil has a “recommended” wattage range of 23 - 38 watts. I have specifically said “recommended” as, in my experience (certainly of the 1 & .7 ohm coils) they perform best at below the “recommended” range. I run 1 ohm coils at 8 or 9 watts. What actual wattage you use is very much down to what suits you, and a lower wattage will extend coil life generally.
Just because your mod is capable of pumping out a given wattage doesn’t mean you have to use that, or anything like it.
You should only need to run at the higher wattages if the coils you are using - generally home built coils in a rebuildable tank - require higher wattages.
In my opinion, the tank you are using is a very suitable match for the range of available coils.
Yeah I get what you mean, I guess I kinda feel that the liquid I'm using would taste better at higher watts, I used to have a cleito which iirc I used to run around 40w on my old innokin mod and feel the juice tasted better at higher watts , that's what I'm thinking about really , I don't feel I'm getting the full flavour

The wattage you run at is largely dictated by the coil, not the mod or the tank. But, the coils that fit the tank will obviously having a bearing.
What coils were you using in the Cleito? and what juices are you using?

The wattage you run at is largely dictated by the coil, not the mod or the tank. But, the coils that fit the tank will obviously having a bearing.
What coils were you using in the Cleito? and what juices are you using?
Yeah I think that's what confuses me, the cleito I used 0.4 coils which iirc had a range of 40-60w and I found around 42w to be optimal, 70vg juices I'm using, just feel at the lower wattage I'm not getting the flavour I was on cleito

Perhaps something like the Aspire Atlantis GT as it sounds like you are after a sub-ohm tank.

If that combo (tank and coil) suited you, you have your answer ;) - get one of those.
I don’t have any experience of the Cleito coils, but Aspire are generally good.
If you went Geekvape you’d be entering new territory and you may not care for the tank/coils. Better the devil you know?

i know its been explained above but think of a mod like a car. my car can do 155mph but youd never push it to the limit.
mods with built in 3200mah battery like your zelos when used with a sub ohm tank at much higher wattage will just drain the internal battery quite quickly and you will be forever charging it.
when you move into the sub ohm region its always worth buying a dual replaceable battery mod to handle the higher wattage and once batteries drain you can swop out with a new pair while the drained are charging in an external charger.
the best sized kit ive bought in ages is the vaperesso gen 200 with itank 2 (the itank 1 was my tank of the year 2 years ago) and the itank2 gives exactly the same flavour.
i have 3 geekvape zeus tanks and love them but the standard coils do seem to lose flavour after around 5-7 days. their newer XM 0.15 are decent coils though and last much longer.

6 months ago i got the kit for £29.99 so worth shopping around all our fave links but this is the kit to compare size (not sure how big it is compared to zelos though)
https://www.legionofvapers.com/product/vaporesso-gen-200-vape-kit
£27.99 mod only https://vaping101.co.uk/products/vaporesso-gen-200-mod?_pos=1&_sid=e2d7ff003&_ss=r
£39.79 kit https://vaping101.co.uk/products/vaporesso-gen-200-mod?_pos=1&_sid=e2d7ff003&_ss=r

of course then you will need to also buy external 18650 batteries and a charger https://www.fogstar.co.uk/ 20% off code available here.

to give an idea on size the gen 200 is ikkle compared to other dual battery mods.
Compress_20231025_105118_8999.jpg

Back
Top Bottom