What's new

Constant burnt hits no matter what I do....

jimbobwales

Ok, turning to a forum for help as I am reaching the point of bewilderment! Have been vaping a few weeks using disposables and liked it decided to go to a vape shop and get a proper vape. I used to use one a few years ago and never had any problems. Went into one shop on the high street, got an aspire pockex kit and a bottle of juice. Went home, primed the coil, filled the tank, waited fifteen minutes, tried it. Mouth full of ash. Waited another five minutes, more ash. Called the shop and the chap told me it was a duff coil, to put in the spare in the box and nip in and he'd give me a new coil next time I was about. Tried it, followed the same prescribed technique, again mouth full of ash.

Went back into the shop and the chap exchanged it for me and filled and primed the new one. Again we waited and then tried it. Mouth full of ash. He was as bewildered as me at this point and suggested changing to a joyetech evio c pod kit, which he again primed and made ready and we waited again. Tried it - no mouth full of ash, but no flavour at all. I thought maybe this would improve and took it home to persevere with it but still no joy. I went and bought another couple of disposables to see me through.

As this point I thought maybe that shop is dodgy and went to try another. I bought a teslacigs stealth mini with an atomiser that looks somewhat more like I used to use back in the day. Asked the guy in the shop to fill it for me just in case I'm doing something wrong. He did so, said wait 15 minutes to use it so I pocketed it and hit the gym. Came out and tried it - mouth full of ash. The shop was closed by then so I came home and reprimed it, refilled it, still the same. So I take out the spare coil, google several sites to check exactly how to prime a vape again in desperation to find something ANYTHING that I'm doing wrong, primed it again, waited a half hour, vaped.... mouth full of ash.

So that's three devices and six coils with nothing but dry burnt hits. I frankly don't really want to vape anything but disposables any more as anything else I try tastes burnt and makes me want to vomit. Anyone have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong? Or are disposables just so good these days that refillable vapes taste terrible by comparison? I'm completely perplexed. Back when I had a vape 10 years or so ago I just used to dump juice in it and crack on, never once had a burnt hit unless the coil was old. Help??

Hi @jimbobwales and welcome to the planet.

ive moved your post to the new users section where you will hopefully get more replies.

ive not tried any of them kits so cant help much on that but will have a quick google to see what they are like.
when you say mouthfull of ash im guessing you mean mouthful of juice as ecigs dont have ash in them. that is called a flooded coil and maybe too much liquid dripped on the coil while priming it. strange that it happened to someone who worked in a vape shop. sadly there has been a load of popup shops in the last couple of years who are just out for a quick buck and have hardly any knoledge of vape equipment.
mentioning what area you live someone might be able to recommend a decent shop who know what they are talking about.

off to google.....

edit

pocket x - https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits411.html
did you fill the tank up to the top? this will flood the coil. must not fill above max line on side of tank.

Joyetech Evio-c https://www.joyetech.co.uk/evio-c
these are simple pod kits similar to skycig that ive used in the past. i like the sound of turning the pod around will change it from mouth to lung to direct to lung.
have you fully charged the kit which can take a good couple of hours on its first charge. apart from that it might be the juice which is no good. what make and flavour.

Tesla stealth mini https://ukvaporwaves.com/kit-teslacigs-tesla-stealth-mini-starter-kit.html
this kit has a built in 1300mah battery which need a full charge of at least 2 hours on its first charge.
the only thing im concerned about is this is an unregulated mod so has no protection and shouldnt really have been sold to a new vaper (someone tell me if im wrong here). regulated mods have built in protection while it sounds like this mod does not.
just found this at bottom of page: The Stealth Mini is powered by a 1 cell LiPo battery rated at 1300mAh,using LiPo battery is more security than lithium ion batteries. Additionally, the chipset has built-in protection features to keep you and your device safe. The amp limit on this device comes in at 16.5A, ensuring a safe vaping experience.
they call it an unregulated mod but then say it has built in protection.

as i said, ive never used any of these kits and this was what ive found on google.
hopefully others can advise further.

Last edited:
I’ve used a Pockex, I thought it was decent :hmm:

What liquid are you using in it? What strength? Maybe you’ve bought a horrible flavour? And which disposables were you using? The more info you give us, the better we’ll be able to advise. Welcome to the site btw :)

Hi @jimbobwales welcome to POTV.

That’s an odd one for sure.

but through process of elimination you’ve used different devices different coils and even a different mouth so surely the only other thing is the juice.

might be that the juice just hasn’t steeped enough or is too thick with VG and cold temperatures to saturate the coil.
Yes ambient temperature is a factor.

try a different bottle of juice 50pg 50vg and see if that changes anything.

Good luck

Hi and welcome. All good advice above. Hope you get it sorted.

Hi all, thanks for the help! I forget the juice that was sold to me with the original two devices, I returned it and don't recall the name. The guy was perplexed and couldn't explain it.

Btw by a mouth full of ash I mean a burnt hit, so just very dry smoke, very acrid and no juice at all. Makes you feel nauseous after a few. I didn't get juice in my mouth.

Hi all, thanks for the help! I forget the juice that was sold to me with the original two devices, I returned it and don't recall the name. The guy was perplexed and couldn't explain it.

Btw by a mouth full of ash I mean a burnt hit, so just very dry smoke, very acrid and no juice at all. Makes you feel nauseous after a few. I didn't get juice in my mouth.
ahh, thats what we call a dry hit and its not plesant. its also not good for you so usually once youve had a dry hit you get used to the signs of when its coming and the coil is burning out. weve all been there. imagine getting one of them using 50watts, wasnt nice. my last dry hit was over 6 years ago.
dry hits are usually caused by the juice being too thick and not having enough time to soak up into the cotton of the coil.
with mouth to lung coil with a higher ohm like 1.8, 1.6, 1.5, 1.2 these are best with 50vg/50pg
lower ohm coils like 0.2, 0.25, 0.5 these can use 70vg/30pg.
its touch and go using 80vg juice as this is quite thick and most stock coils will struggle. 80vg and above is best for drippers only.
also this cold weather can make juice get thicker.

The shop is at it!! They have gave you 70vg/30pg juice They should know it’s 50/50.
EA20036E-F550-46A6-91A0-9CD3BBBD97BB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom