What's new

Coronavirus UK Daily Statistics

I know some of those will be from over the Christmas period ............ but jeeeeez .............. :11: :(

Thing is, yes there will be a hang over from Christmas, but how many.
If you look at some previous data in the link for Worldometer you start to get an idea.

Thur 17-Dec 532
Fri 18-Dec 489
Sat 19-Dec 534
Sun 20-Dec 326
Mon 21-Dec 215
Tue 22-Dec 691
Wed 23-Dec 744
Thur 24-Dec 574
Fri 25-Dec 570 Xmas Day
Sat 26-Dec 241
Sun 27-Dec 316
Mon 28-Dec 401 Boxing Day
Tue 29-Dec 414
Wed 30-Dec 981

Note that I have marked Mon 28 as Boxing Day, that is the traditional thing that happens in industry, and I think that is probably what happens with the NHS data when you consider that this is input onto the computer systems by admin staff who do not work on Sats, Suns, & BH. So any backlog would not have been started to be cleared until Tue 29.

Now the interesting point about this is that it is for 14 days.
The average deaths per day over the first seven days are 504.
The average deaths per day over the second seven days are 499.

In other words the average deaths per day have not changed in two weeks.

It remains to be seen what happens after today, will it drop again, or will it increase further ?

Also next weekend is for three days New Years day, Sat & Sun.

Nothing will become clear until a weeks worth of data starting on say 06 Jan can be seen. :)

Not looking good is it. More draconian measures will come into play soon, but hey ho folks wouldn't listen to the stay home and don't mix advice throughout the year. Money first lives second. Sorry but the Gov have handled things badly from day 1. Hospitality business has moaned to get their own way, ie folks mixing in their establishments and look at the results. Sorry but thats how it is. Business's have suffered i get that but what cost can you put on 70k lives.
The plot thickens, lets vaccinate the oldest folk first, while the younger oap's can wait (gov hopes to get rid of the younger OAP's as they could get a pension for a couple of decades), whereas the older folks who get the vaccine will enjoy a shorter life saving billions in the long run, same for those folks with illness's leave those vaccines for later in the hope they can cut down the amount of folks who may go on to cost the NHS and DWP.
Now the gov are going to put the armies into schools?. Put them on the streets to keep folks indoors for 6 weeks eradicating the virus as it has no way to spread to other households.

You say
"Hospitality business has moaned to get their own way, ie folks mixing in their establishments and look at the results"
Could you please provide any government, scientific, , medical, or media reports covering any cases of covid infection from a pub, or restaurant ?
As I have not heard of a single one during the whole year. :)

You say
"Hospitality business has moaned to get their own way, ie folks mixing in their establishments and look at the results"
Could you please provide any government, scientific, , medical, or media reports covering any cases of covid infection from a pub, or restaurant ?
As I have not heard of a single one during the whole year. :)

That's the problem with the media. And you listen to and believe what they tell you. Yet i don't. Same with the Gov. Has anything they have done worked. NO. The only way is to make folk stay home. I am the first to admit i am anti anything that attempts to tell me what to do, but i have the common sense to realise when they have a genuine reason to do so. Whether i was told to stay home or not. I would still put my safety and health first by staying home. It's common sense that anywhere that folks gather indoors has a potential to spread the virus like wildfire it even happens outdoors, no ones going to know where they contracted Covid but put yourself in the situations where you mix with others is like playing russian roulette. As always fuck everything that can be moaned about regarding the rules the tier you live in and put your life and others before everything else as you can't magically come back from the dead.

but you were posting a while ago about how you were away on a mediterranean island. how did you get to the airport without going out the house?

Sounds like sour grapes. You said it yourself a while ago, so not last week or month. But i wore a mask the whole time and stuck to safety guidelines. I caught a taxi to the airport which had a screen between the driver and passengers and hands where sanitized before and after the journy. The airport was rather empty as it was an early morning flight which was only half full so plenty of social distancing. I was then collected from the Airport by My Mom and Stepdad. I stayed with them while there and being a small island with only 30k people there. they had got 1 confirmed case who was in isolation and he was 80 plus and caught covid visiting Italy.
Besides the fact i don't need to explain myself to you, or anyone the virus was more controlled as in less cases. What i said earlier about lockdown should have been done from day 1. We would now be reaping the benefits of being virus free or close to instead of it becoming the most dangerous threat to life with the new strain being more transmitable it means higher number of cases and deaths even you can understand that i'm sure.

Sounds like sour grapes. You said it yourself a while ago, so not last week or month. But i wore a mask the whole time and stuck to safety guidelines. I caught a taxi to the airport which had a screen between the driver and passengers and hands where sanitized before and after the journy. The airport was rather empty as it was an early morning flight which was only half full so plenty of social distancing. I was then collected from the Airport by My Mom and Stepdad. I stayed with them while there and being a small island with only 30k people there. they had got 1 confirmed case who was in isolation and he was 80 plus and caught covid visiting Italy.
Besides the fact i don't need to explain myself to you, or anyone the virus was more controlled as in less cases. What i said earlier about lockdown should have been done from day 1. We would now be reaping the benefits of being virus free or close to instead of it becoming the most dangerous threat to life with the new strain being more transmitable it means higher number of cases and deaths even you can understand that i'm sure.

it’s not sour grapes. just an observation.

you don’t need to explain yourself to anyone, but to moan about how all this is everybody else’s fault (youngsters, chavs, hipsters, whoever it is) while thinking it is okay for you to be out the house, in taxis, passing through airports, sharing a car with your relatives, travelling internationally on planes, is a bit hypocritical. especially because international travel is one of the big factors in this spreading.

it’s not sour grapes. just an observation.

you don’t need to explain yourself to anyone, but to moan about how all this is everybody else’s fault (youngsters, chavs, hipsters, whoever it is) while thinking it is okay for you to be out the house, in taxis, passing through airports, sharing a car with your relatives, travelling internationally on planes, is a bit hypocritical. especially because international travel is one of the big factors in this spreading.

Ok but it does come over as arguing for the sake of it, you can't make your mind up as i see other things from you contradicting your post to me so why argue both sides of the coin. At the end of the day being High risk i am diabetic type 1 have been for 40 years. Now my point is, i have spent the rest of the year shielding, so when folks moan about staying home etc, it slightly annoys me because they have had more freedom than i have yet i don't keep moaning. My trip to the Med, i booked that before Christmas last year so pre covid, Ryanair offered to swap the dates from Easter due to Covid plus my Daughter went to see her Nan thus i had to go while she was off school.
Yes i blame folks for the spreading, but where i live and the folks i blame are the ones who are breaking the guidelines.
Love me or hate me I know that my idea of locking folk in their home for a few weeks keeping them at home will reduce the rate of transmission. You cannot argue the point because the Gov have done that for you and they have made a pigs ear of things. So my message to you is stay home and stop moaning and making arguments, life is much better without the drama

There’s so much ‘it’s their fault’ going on atm on here. I guess it makes people feel better about themselves if they can point the finger at someone else.

There’s so much ‘it’s their fault’ going on atm on here. I guess it makes people feel better about themselves if they can point the finger at someone else.

Like that bit from the bible, when someone was about to be stoned to death, and Jesus said.
"Let he without sin cast the first stone"

Like that bit from the bible, when someone was about to be stoned to death, and Jesus said.
"Let he without sin cast the first stone"

You do know the story but the bit that gets missed was after the let he without sin quote this great big rock came flying toward the sinner to which Christ said "mother you really know how to piss me off at times".
besides did anyone actually witness anything in the Bible?. No it was written to keep folks in line, There was no media back then and folks tended to fear what they where told without questioning things.
The Bible said God made the earth, That's been debunked. No one built anything a chemical reaction is what led to the forming of the universe so i dare to say the rest of the book is probably a fabrication

Ok but it does come over as arguing for the sake of it, you can't make your mind up as i see other things from you contradicting your post to me so why argue both sides of the coin. At the end of the day being High risk i am diabetic type 1 have been for 40 years. Now my point is, i have spent the rest of the year shielding, so when folks moan about staying home etc, it slightly annoys me because they have had more freedom than i have yet i don't keep moaning. My trip to the Med, i booked that before Christmas last year so pre covid, Ryanair offered to swap the dates from Easter due to Covid plus my Daughter went to see her Nan thus i had to go while she was off school.
Yes i blame folks for the spreading, but where i live and the folks i blame are the ones who are breaking the guidelines.
Love me or hate me I know that my idea of locking folk in their home for a few weeks keeping them at home will reduce the rate of transmission. You cannot argue the point because the Gov have done that for you and they have made a pigs ear of things. So my message to you is stay home and stop moaning and making arguments, life is much better without the drama

i’ve not contradicted myself. my reply to you was pointing out that you were being hypocritical (ie moaning about people not staying in the house while thinking it’s not a problem for you to do a bit of international leisure travelling). it had nothing to do with what i think about restrictions or what people are doing.

i just find this kind of incessant moaning about “other people” spreading the virus about a bit tiresome, which meant that i felt your hypocrisy should be pointed out to you in case you were unaware of it.

Back
Top Bottom