What's new

Coronavirus UK Daily Statistics

Anyway, I never went to the pub today.

Well not the usual one, I went to two others instead.

6 cask ales on at the pub I use, cant call it my local because it's over 2 miles away, hence before two days ago not been in a pub since the 3rd of August. The pub uses proper pint glasses, the ones with the 1/2 pint and pint markers on them, with room for the head on top, rarely see that, probably part of the reason why CAMRA keep handing out awards to the place. Beer is top notch as well, apart from too many hipster IPAs on tap. Probably won't be sitting outside weather for much longer, so I wont go anyway.

Aye knowing everything is more your thing isn't it? Away back to the pub with the rest of your gang ya rocket.

When you wish to reply to one of my post please do so in English.
I have worked all over the world, but can't work out if that was in Swahili, Gaelic, or a combination of both. :18:

The little I picked up seemed to be related to knowing everything.
An old saying is "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" :)

6 cask ales on at the pub I use, cant call it my local because it's over 2 miles away, hence before two days ago not been in a pub since the 3rd of August.

That's what the motorbikes for, if the good lord intended us to walk everywhere, he wouldn't have invented wheels. :)

The pub uses proper pint glasses, the ones with the 1/2 pint and pint markers on them, with room for the head on top, rarely see that, probably part of the reason why CAMRA keep handing out awards to the place. Beer is top notch as well,

Sounds like a pub I worked in 20 years or so ago. :)

apart from too many hipster IPAs on tap.

Know how you feel mate, I hate the flavoured gins phase at the moment (had a blazing row with the OH the other night when she bought home a bottle of "pink gin" and I pointed out to her that it was not a proper pink gin) but I suppose at least the punk ipa's keep the youngsters keeping the tradition of British ipa's from becoming extinct.

Probably won't be sitting outside weather for much longer, so I wont go anyway.

Just take a fan heater, and an extension lead with you, ask the landlord to plug it in for you.
My local pub for the last two years has a lovely smoking / vaping shelter out the back, like a large shed with windows all round, lighting, and heating. :)
Mind you, you can vape in the bar, depending on which member of staff is working, none of them sat anything to me though. :)

When you wish to reply to one of my post please do so in English.
I have worked all over the world, but can't work out if that was in Swahili, Gaelic, or a combination of both. :18:

The little I picked up seemed to be related to knowing everything.
An old saying is "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" :)

Irony is lost on you isn't it?

Hail to the king..... of a sad little corner in Wetherspoons.

That's just what we need, more question Mark's, or excuses not to go back in to lockdown. When the numbers are back at what they were when we went in to lockdown before, expect to see a lot more of this.
I don't view things the way you do though, I think it's good to ask questions?

They may not give you the answers you want ...... but I don't believe you can take anything at face value?

I don't view things the way you do though, I think it's good to ask questions?

They may not give you the answers you want ...... but I don't believe you can take anything at face value?

I don't view things the way you think I do then. We should never stop asking questions. It's what the answers will be used to do, not do or justify that I'm cynical of.

Back
Top Bottom