What's new

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

My friend is using berserker mini. Some mtl clapton coil 2.5mm at 16w.

Im using same coil as you 2.5mm coil 27g kanthal 7 wraps spaced and at about 12 - 15W. 1.07ohms.

yup - 1.10 Ohms, smidge/whisker over or under 12.5~13w
The dwarv needs a rewick at about 5~6 days tbh when I was caning it

but just two days and darkened like yours in an hour - I'm at a loss too

The only thing I can think of is you are not getting wick soaked up enough before you start using

I dab the coil slightly with a single drizzle
drip the corners where it folds, to get wick to stay in place, dab them again
refit, fill, about three large draws watching for bubbles, leave a few minutes
& that is it

Often on some the wicks I checked, it got right low and started to notice it on the draw
oooh fuck think I better put some juice in there, but still not as dark as yours in general

The only thing I can think of your cotton is a bit drier, not juiced up enough when you hit it

other than that - FUCTIFINO

Last edited:
I get almost no bubbless.. Maybe 1 every 5-10 puffs. What am i doing wrong?

Well I take a long-ish draw of about 3~4 secs maybe in total
(I'm on 6mg but use a bit more juice say 40ml to 45ml on B/H weekend)
soz for detail but just saying....

I get a small bubble after a draw "most" of the time on the 3.5
When priming it like I said I get a large bubble or so

BUT different tanks & all that & different users/draws etc....

However the lack of bubbles "could" be why your cotton is getting burnt
but in picture the cotton looks saturated alright either side of coil
BUT that does not mean the cotton isn't choking inside the coil
& then not getting replenished by the saturated cotton at the sides

Your picture "looked" OK to me but what cotton are you using and grain direction etc....
(I know I said this before & tried the Scottish roll etc...)

But something ain't right and if it isn't the juice, it must be the way the cotton is wicking

It could be a defective tank (unlikely)
Or like I have said some tanks some people just can't get on with
(there has been one or two I just couldn't get on with myself)
yet others say it's the best thing piece of piss etc.....

My thoughts on your mates tank working great with juice etc...
Well fucking swap tanks with ya mate
or
Get him to do the next build

But that isn't helpful I know
You say you don't see the bubbles very often - but depends on light draws & stuff
but could indicate the cotton/wicking is not right/shit

I've mentioned the grain - Scottish roll you tried did improve it a bit but still not 100%

Perhaps look to try another cotton - borrow a bit from ya m8
or another type - I got a free sample of some shit called "Just Cotton"
(should have been called "Just Shit" coz it was)
plus some freebie cotton which wasn't bad but got some Muji which seemed better

You probably are using Muji maybe, therefore must be something in your technique
I'd try another bit of cotton, or get ya m8 to try & wick it for you and watch what he does

Somehow or other I'd be tempted to try another "decent" bit of cotton
practice a bit more before you give up the ghost/tank

If you get no joy after all this, if your mod can take a 24mm tank
fuck it buy the 3.5ml it is piss easy to build and you would have to be ultra unlucky
& completely fucking useless to not get it up & running
https://www.sourcemore.com/cthulhu-hastur-mtl-rta-atomizer.html

I'd persevere a bit more though, ponce a bit of cotton or ask ya m8 to build it next time
before giving up and buying another tank

Really think it is just a bit of bad luck, refining your wicking technique with decent cotton

other than that - the possible lack of bubbles, which is the juice being replenished to wick
that is a potential indicator that the wicking is still not quite correct imho
(but different draws/tanks vary but I see a small bubble on most draws I take)

ATB

Still have problem that my build is good for max 2 days. After 1 hour it looks like this. Is thie normal?

I feel your pain... Had a build in the hastur last week and it was working flawlessly, wicking great and little bubbles coming out after every draw. Put a new one in today, as I had a 0.7ohm coil, wanted to try a 1ohm. Anyway had the exact same happen to me, the middle of the wick just burnt in about 20 puffs. Not the first time its happened, as I'm still learning wicking properly its a bitch to consistently nail it. It was too tight in the coil, so moved the coil a bit when pulling it through, whereas my last build was much looser wicking in the coil... I'm about to attempt it again haha...... Hope you get it sorted!

I feel your pain... Had a build in the hastur last week and it was working flawlessly, wicking great and little bubbles coming out after every draw. Put a new one in today, as I had a 0.7ohm coil, wanted to try a 1ohm. Anyway had the exact same happen to me, the middle of the wick just burnt in about 20 puffs. Not the first time its happened, as I'm still learning wicking properly its a bitch to consistently nail it. It was too tight in the coil, so moved the coil a bit when pulling it through, whereas my last build was much looser wicking in the coil... I'm about to attempt it again haha...... Hope you get it sorted!
It takes time to get the wicking right each time but after a while you’ll get the feel for the right thickness. In saying that it’s still easy to mess things up. I have good and bad days. Mostly good thankfully but I still get it wrong.

I’m not a muji fan personally but it is very good if you’re starting out as you can pretty accurately cut it to the right size each time as opposed to tearing off a strip from a rasher style of cotton. If not using muji it may be worth buying a pack as it’s really cheap and simple to use.

Yeah Bers
It takes time to get the wicking right each time but after a while you’ll get the feel for the right thickness. In saying that it’s still easy to mess things up. I have good and bad days. Mostly good thankfully but I still get it wrong.

I’m not a muji fan personally but it is very good if you’re starting out as you can pretty accurately cut it to the right size each time as opposed to tearing off a strip from a rasher style of cotton. If not using muji it may be worth buying a pack as it’s really cheap and simple to use.

Yeah thank god muji is really cheap. I got 180 pads for 7€. But if i will continiue like this is wont last me even a year even though this should be a lifetime suply for a normal user :D

Thanks, I've been using cotton bacon which has been a pain to be honest getting the right amount of cotton every time, buts its getting easier with time. Havnt tried muji, I may get some, cheers!

Yeah Bers

Yeah thank god muji is really cheap. I got 180 pads for 7€. But if i will continiue like this is wont last me even a year even though this should be a lifetime suply for a normal user :D
If you’re not getting bubbles it sounds like you’re choking the channels/coil. I never wicked this atty tight. Just enough to have a little resistance in the coil.
Keep at it!

If you’re not getting bubbles it sounds like you’re choking the channels/coil. I never wicked this atty tight. Just enough to have a little resistance in the coil.
Keep at it!
This! After a much looser rewick in the coil itself its working good again :)

Wicked it as loose as it can get. No bubbles and look how wick is looking after 20 puffs. Taste is ok but this wont last a day.. Will try 3mm coil.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191112_193422_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20191112_193422_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom