What's new

Review Cthulhu - Hastur Mini Single Hole Airflow Post

I think it's worth a try .... it's a subtle difference. I don't think it would turn a tank you liked into one you don't like... or visa versa which is probably a good thing, it's not like the Savor where it fundamentally changes how the tank vapes.

... although it is a noticeable difference. (I'm aware that does sound a bit like a contradiction!)

I’m struggling a bit with it. I can’t seem to get it right. I keep trying but just can’t seem to get much out of it. Think I need to watch another couple of videos. I put a 1.0ohm coil in it tonight and Wicked as per a you tube video. I really want to like this tank. Even tried some vandy vape fused MTL wire. I couldn’t get the chimney back on. Dope!

I’m struggling a bit with it. I can’t seem to get it right. I keep trying but just can’t seem to get much out of it. Think I need to watch another couple of videos. I put a 1.0ohm coil in it tonight and Wicked as per a you tube video. I really want to like this tank. Even tried some vandy vape fused MTL wire. I couldn’t get the chimney back on. Dope!

I just keep it simple ... 28awg spaced, 2.5mm ID .. 1.28 ohm and 1.69 ohm in mine at the moment .... coil on top of the legs, then I lower it slightly... ends up looking something like this, I wrap 360 right around the screw, it just makes it easier ... stuff some cotton through, poke it down ... almost to the deck or just touching usually, I don't worry too much either way, it always wicks fine for me. I don't find it a fussy tank, that's a lot of why I like it. ... but that also means I don't know what to suggest. :D

IMG_20180802_132747.jpg

I just keep it simple ... 28awg spaced, 2.5mm ID .. 1.28 ohm and 1.69 ohm in mine at the moment .... coil on top of the legs, then I lower it slightly... ends up looking something like this, I wrap 360 right around the screw, it just makes it easier ... stuff some cotton through, poke it down ... almost to the deck or just touching usually, I don't worry too much either way, it always wicks fine for me. I don't find it a fussy tank, that's a lot of why I like it. ... but that also means I don't know what to suggest. :D

View attachment 168085

Cheers Simon. I’ll give it a go. Perhaps I’m trying too hard or overthinking it. Back to the drawing board. I know this tank is good. So many can’t be wrong. Determined to get it right. [emoji106]

Cheers Simon. I’ll give it a go. Perhaps I’m trying too hard or overthinking it. Back to the drawing board. I know this tank is good. So many can’t be wrong. Determined to get it right. [emoji106]

I'd like to think that's the case but ... I tried the doggystyle twice, neither time I lasted more than a day on it.... didn't like it at all and couldn't figure out why loads of people liked it ... same with the berzerker mini, which I thought was a horrible tank. :D

..... it does happen, sometimes I just think it doesn't suit how someone vapes for whatever reason. It doesn't make people right or wrong. :)

I'd like to think that's the case but ... I tried the doggystyle twice, neither time I lasted more than a day on it.... didn't like it at all and couldn't figure out why loads of people liked it ... same with the berzerker mini, which I thought was a horrible tank. :D

..... it does happen, sometimes I just think it doesn't suit how someone vapes for whatever reason. It doesn't make people right or wrong. :)

I have the Berserker in fact I have 4. Love them. Can’t seem to get the Dvarw right either. Might just accept that they aren’t for me. [emoji3] I’m just determined I’m getting it wrong.

I have the Berserker in fact I have 4. Love them. Can’t seem to get the Dvarw right either. Might just accept that they aren’t for me. [emoji3] I’m just determined I’m getting it wrong.

haha

I do admire your determination, if a tank isn't clicking with me in a couple of days I tend to just leave it .... I just can't be bothered to mess around. .... that might sound like I'm not giving it a fair chance, but experience tells me that my experience doesn't usually change over time or however many different builds and wicking methods I try. .... and if I do nail it after weeks of messing around, then I'm not sure I want a tank that needs that much messing around anyway. :)

haha

I do admire your determination, if a tank isn't clicking with me in a couple of days I tend to just leave it .... I just can't be bothered to mess around. .... that might sound like I'm not giving it a fair chance, but experience tells me that my experience doesn't usually change over time or however many different builds and wicking methods I try. .... and if I do nail it after weeks of messing around, then I'm not sure I want a tank that needs that much messing around anyway. :)

Yes- I suppose you’re right. Must stop reading the next best MTL threads. I’ll give your method a go and then if no good- to the classies it will go. Cheers for your advice as always. [emoji106]

I've tried my standard 2.5mmID 5 wraps spaced fused clapton (VV superfine MTL Ni80 wire) (30*2/38 AWG) and the vapor was a bit too hot (couldn't taste anything) compared to the Berserker Mini for example where the same build works great! I'm vaping the Hastur Mini on the largest hole btw + Nautilus 2 drip tip.

Maybe I should try this 1.6mm single hole deck.
From 1 to 10, how much colder is the vape on the largest airflow hole + the single hole deck for you ? :)

I've tried my standard 2.5mmID 5 wraps spaced fused clapton (VV superfine MTL Ni80 wire) (30*2/38 AWG) and the vapor was a bit too hot (couldn't taste anything) compared to the Berserker Mini for example where the same build works great! I'm vaping the Hastur Mini on the largest hole btw + Nautilus 2 drip tip.

From 1 to 10, how much colder is the vape on the largest airflow hole + the single hole deck for you ? :)

I wouldn't say it was colder, but I like a very cool vape anyway ... I'm not sure you could get much cooler than how I vape already.

... but I'll say 1. :D it's not a huge difference.

28ga Kathal 5 or 6 wraps @ 2.5mm = 1.4-1.6 ish ohm coil and perfect at 10/11 watts.

Back
Top Bottom