What's new

Did you go out today?

Yeah, but my point is when their fitter gives a quote for installing it ask how long it will take to install from start to finish.

I used to work for my now ex brother in law (in the 80s), he was a kitchen fitter, a good one, proper professional, not a sparky though, that was part of my remit. There were average times to rip out and refit, but things like for instance, having to unexpectedly bung in a new ring main, finding a cooker supply that was wired in 2.5mm, which back then should have been 6mm twin and earth (10mm these days), having to find a supply for under cabinet lighting, where previous there wasn't any lighting.There was even occasions where I would have to tell customers that they needed a new consumer unit, and certainly earth bonding was a regular required update, things could get tricky and messy. Having to replaster a section or even a whole wall (that was rare though) would mess with average timings, as would finding rancid plumbing and waste set up's, some jobs even required brickwork repairs.

As we were usually subcontracting we hadn't been party to seeing the job beforehand and making an assessment of what needed doing in all the various departments. Even the different brands of kitchens could affect how long a job might take. I remember a budget brand, called Apple (ironically), they took an age to assemble from flat (pack), bits were missing in the flat packs, they didn't have door hinges that could be adjusted up and down, the cabinets weren't adjustable, all those things could alter how long a job would take - we hated Apple Kitchens! Why am I telling you this, I dunno, it's better than talking about covid, I suppose :D

I went back to my best mates again, this time we sat in the garden, all proper and correct and legal. He has left his existing bubble (his lady friend has a relative taking that one over), so in 10 days time I can legally bubble up with him.

IMG_20201227_124716.jpg
Been out checking car parks and smelling fish n chips - ran out of paint. Not me the Mrs.

Good point, btw, it's a communal garden, direct access, no need to go through the property to get to the garden.

See the reason I said that was it depends not only what tier level you are in but also what tier level your friend is in, as no one can travel to tier 3 from tier 4, and vise versa.

The interesting point is where you say a "communal garden" thing is what type of communal garden is it ?
Thing is if it is a garden that is open to anyone, then it is a public space, and you can meet up, however you & your friend would have to be two metres away from any others.
If on the other hand, it is a garden that is only for use of the residents of say a block of flats, then that would be a private garden, and in tier 4 you cannot meet up with just one person in a private garden.

Best thing, if you want to be squeeky clean is to ring your area police HQ.
I have done this twice this year due to the inheritance of my late mothers bungalow.
First time was in March full lockdown, so the bungalow was still under probate, and therefore owned by no one, but both myself, and my wife were round there often, boxing up treasured items we wanted to keep.
Second time was when we were moved from tier 1 to tier 2, then tier 3, by then probate was complete, but I had not sold the property, so in effect it would be classed as a second home.
Again they said "no problem as far as we are concerned.
In my area they are very helpful.
Might put you mind at rest.

Mind you, if you are in a "bubble" with him, go indoors instead of freezing your nuts off. :)

Another run out - new rad for bathroom and mrs joined long queue at Mac, eats 4x more than me.

Just got back from going to the supermarket lidl and asda and both are very quite hardly anyone in them which suits me.

Back
Top Bottom