What's new

DIY Mixing Problems. What Is Going Wrong Here? Please Help!

I just used this calculator that was recommended on another forum.
As you can see from the screenshot, it has calculated 25.22grams nicotine.
But this is wrong, because it's showing 20ml in the quantity column.
Each bottle is exactly 10ml. It took two bottles and some more from a third bottle to make.
But it says 20ml. I have now put more than 20ml in, because I went and followed the damned calculator. This means I have got to have gone over my 6mg target.
The resulting liquid feels more than my 6mg target. I know what 6mg feels like and this isn't it. Now my hands are shaking, my head feels hot, my heart is racing and I think I'm going to throw up any minute.
I'm also really annoyed, because I will have to throw this juice and I haven't got any more nicotine left. Now I have to go to the shop again for more. And I don't want to leave the house feeling like this.

Please tell me what is going wrong.

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 05.25.31.png

I just used this calculator that was recommended on another forum.
As you can see from the screenshot, it has calculated 25.22grams nicotine.
But this is wrong, because it's showing 20ml in the quantity column.
Each bottle is exactly 10ml. It took two bottles and some more from a third bottle to make.
But it says 20ml. I have now put more than 20ml in, because I went and followed the damned calculator. This means I have got to have gone over my 6mg target.
The resulting liquid feels more than my 6mg target. I know what 6mg feels like and this isn't it. Now my hands are shaking, my head feels hot, my heart is racing and I think I'm going to throw up any minute.
I'm also really annoyed, because I will have to throw this juice and I haven't got any more nicotine left. Now I have to go to the shop again for more. And I don't want to leave the house feeling like this.

Please tell me what is going wrong.

View attachment 353191
I would say the only error is the flavour concentrate. It will probably be in a PG solution, so would weigh slightly more than 8.4g.
The other calculations seem ok.
Have you tried that concentrate before?

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for your reply.
It doesn't make a difference to the nicotine content if I select VG or PG as the base for the concentrate.
I selected PG for the flavour concentrate because it is PG based. Nicotine quantity is still showing 20ml / 25.22g. And that's wrong, because 20ml of that stuff doesn't weigh 25.22 grams.

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 06.21.42.png

VG weighs approx. 1,27g per ml, and PG weighs approx. 1.04g per ml. Most calculators just ignore any difference in the concentrates and just go 1 for 1.

Other calculators are doing the same thing. It doesn't make sense. There must be something I am doing wrong because not all calculators can be wrong. But I cannot find any fault in my input.

Other calculators are doing the same thing. It doesn't make sense. There must be something I am doing wrong because not all calculators can be wrong. But I cannot find any fault in my input.
Did you measure by ml or grams?

Back
Top Bottom