What's new

Diy or Die

Fa cookie would prob make a good sub for sugar cookie for future reference :)
Whilst you could sub the 2 i don't think it would make a particularly accurate sub, their flavour profiles are quite different. Sugar cookie is like a viennese whirl a very buttery sweet cookie whereas FA cookie is kind of like a digestive quite grainy and dry, for me it doesn't have any of the sweet buttery taste that sugar cookie does.

Whilst you could sub the 2 i don't think it would make a particularly accurate sub, their flavour profiles are quite different. Sugar cookie is like a viennese whirl a very buttery sweet cookie whereas FA cookie is kind of like a digestive quite grainy and dry, for me it doesn't have any of the sweet buttery taste that sugar cookie does.
I've always thought of fa cookie as a maryland cookie flavour with out the choc chips yes slightly grainy.

So mixed up Bronuts and Funfetti this evening. Only tried Bronuts as FF is steeping. First impression very impressive quite rich though. I heard someone say it was like a proper greasy chocolate doughnut and that's exactly what I'm getting in the dripper. Mixed some 50/50 too for my Kayfun 3 mini and it's less sickly and more of an ADV.

So mixed up Bronuts and Funfetti this evening. Only tried Bronuts as FF is steeping. First impression very impressive quite rich though. I heard someone say it was like a proper greasy chocolate doughnut and that's exactly what I'm getting in the dripper. Mixed some 50/50 too for my Kayfun 3 mini and it's less sickly and more of an ADV.
What was the original batch VG PG ratio u use before making the 50/50 batch and what was the difference?

My bronuts and pistachio ingredients arrived today as did my chefs one shots for cuprian and boardwalk. Can't wait to mix up at the weekend

What was the original batch VG PG ratio u use before making the 50/50 batch and what was the difference?

My bronuts and pistachio ingredients arrived today as did my chefs one shots for cuprian and boardwalk. Can't wait to mix up at the weekend
30/70 pg/vg on the first batch, was a bit sickly on the dripper at first but has either mellowed out or I've got used to the flavour. I'd say it tastes more cakey 50/50 mtl but they are both really good.

Wow I'm super happy you guys are enjoying my recipes and content. Chef's does an awesome job at putting together my recipes for me as well. Thanks everyone for the love and support. Remember, all the recipes are public and free so if you ever don't want to purchase anything, you can just mix up some of my stuff.

30/70 pg/vg on the first batch, was a bit sickly on the dripper at first but has either mellowed out or I've got used to the flavour. I'd say it tastes more cakey 50/50 mtl but they are both really good.
I found bronuts and cuprian both mellowed after 4/5 days, I prefered cuprian after a day or 2 while the creme de menthe is stronger it mellows a lot.
Might try some koolada next time.
I'm sure he did mention adding it in one of his vids @1% for a little extra cool.

I found bronuts and cuprian both mellowed after 4/5 days, I prefered cuprian after a day or 2 while the creme de menthe is stronger it mellows a lot.
Might try some koolada next time.
I'm sure he did mention adding it in one of his vids @1% for a little extra cool.
Got back on the Bronuts today amd the greasy doughnut bit has mellowed nicely and the chocolate is more pronounced.

Cracked the funfetti after six day steep, again very impressed. Realistic and sophisticated flavours, I'd say it's like a mouthful of icing then a hint of cake on the aftertaste. Quite similar to eating a cupcake with shed loads of icing on top. Personally I would like a bit more of the cake to come through but for diy it's outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom