What's new

Dovpo, a nightmare for spares

@andipandi that's out of date, which doesn’t surprise me with Dovpo. There is no UK Service, so back to retailer or hope that Dovpo reply to emails.
Hmm, looks like the spat earlier this year over the DOVPO community reviews, led, in a large part, to DOVPO scarpering and leaving UK customers high and dry. Might even be brexit in the mix as well :hmm:

Hmm, looks like the spat earlier this year over the DOVPO community reviews, led, in a large part, to DOVPO scarpering and leaving UK customers high and dry. Might even be brexit in the mix as well :hmm:

I'm thinking the Chinese Government tasking control of vape manufacturing and the new Chinese vape taxes (well, new from last November) have gone a long way to undermining vape manufacturing companies. Any time a government gets involved the beaurocracy level goes to Defcon 4 and extra taxes never helped sales.

I'm thinking the Chinese Government tasking control of vape manufacturing and the new Chinese vape taxes (well, new from last November) have gone a long way to undermining vape manufacturing companies. Any time a government gets involved the beaurocracy level goes to Defcon 4 and extra taxes never helped sales.
Regardless, we still, initially at least, lost direct UK service and support on potv, due to the reviews bounce up. Doubt I'll be buying any dovpo gear again tbh, unless they release a dual 21700 to rival the Gaur 21. I don't see it happening, I'll buy the Gaur 21 for as long as they're available, and thus far my two have been bulletproof.

Regardless, we still, initially at least, lost direct UK service and support on potv, due to the reviews bounce up. Doubt I'll be buying any dovpo gear again tbh, unless they release a dual 21700 to rival the Gaur 21. I don't see it happening, I'll buy the Gaur 21 for as long as they're available, and thus far my two have been bulletproof.

eh its not just us that lost customer service so did the rest of the world

IF you can bear it, jump to 10.50 ish and you'll get an explanation of sorts.

Thanks Rob, so it seems like Dovpo users are left with the options of either scrapping or cannibalising, that`s no way to run a business. Anyone who saw this coming and had the foresight to squirrel away a stock of spare parts (i.e. the Dovpo reclaimation companies) could make themselves a few bob if they make themselves known to the vaping community.

I love the wailing and gnashing of teeth every time a company pulls up the drawbridge and scarpers, keeps the sane one's entertained.

Vape companies by and large will not last for a long time. It's the nature of the beast. When you buy something, pick up spares at the time, if they're not available then, buy something else.

Started losing confidence in Dovpo a good while back but sad to hear that @dovpo_uk has been closed down. Andy was the only one who ever seemed to get things done. As @John R says, this has happened before and no doubt happen again. Unfortunately for people with Dovpo gear we have to grin and bear it. Saying that, apart from the 3 Abyss which were crap anyway and my 4 Topsides which seem bulletproof i have no real need from Dovpo. obviously i have Tanks as well but none that are getting much use since i switched to MTL. Blotto's and Bubble Glass for sale!

What I'm saying is no slight on the company, it's just in the way of things. I generally buy spares for the tanks I really like, mods I don't really give a mandarin duck about as I have a good supply of mechs to fall back on.

Back
Top Bottom