What's new

Drippers

schlinky

Achiever
Hi all,

I've been around a little while now and have done lots of reading about vaping in general. I've seen it said that you haven't experienced flavour till you've tried dripping.
It's something that sounds appealing but I don't want to throw clouds and use litres of juice, I'd prefer to keep the wattage low. Is that even possible or does dripping go hand in hand with high power, low ohm vaping?

I also understand dripping isn't really a portable solution either ;)

What say you? :)

My dripper gets ported everywhere, it is the only kit I use at the moment, but I would certainly agree that some drippers are more portable than others. There are also flavour drippers and cloudy drippers and some that manage the best of both worlds. For a flavour dripper you are looking for something that doesn't look like an upside-down colander. Airflow and clouds go hand in hand, so look for one that has either smaller airholes or a good afc system. Go and read the cloudchaser section and pretty much discount all the drippers you see referred to more than twice lol

I use RDA'S all day, everyday and wherever /whatever I'm doing, thus proving they're usable whilst mobile. I know folks who say they run 1.5 ohms builds, but I'm not one for this as I get zero satisfaction unless there's a new weather front type cloud issuing from my mouth. My high wattage vaping is the only reason I've been able to reduce my nicotine intake, without wanting to annihilate the entire neighbourhood.

Took me a while to dip a toe in the water too ... first dripper arrived 19 November ... now I have 6 and a few more to follow.
You don't have to sub ohm ... you have single and dual coil options ... you don't have to throw 30 watts at them in order to get clouds and flavour either. You don't have to produce attention seeking clouds if you don't want to.
OK, some have a tendency to leak, especially if you've just topped up. Some are for the house only (glass topped or insane cloud chasers) but some also leak less than tanks and are are genuinely pocket friendly, so much so that I'm more likely to take a couple of drippers to work these days than risk an RTA leaking.

I confess, I'm going through a bit more juice now ... but not stupidly more.

So, what other excuses have you got not to give it a try? ;) You know you want to ...

I started dripping with an octopus on an mvp2 and then a magma single coiled down to .8 also on my mvp2 now i use the magma on my stingray x duel coiled and i cant recommend it more its the best choice i have made in vaping so far.

Took me a while to dip a toe in the water too ... first dripper arrived 19 November ... now I have 6 and a few more to follow.
You don't have to sub ohm ... you have single and dual coil options ... you don't have to throw 30 watts at them in order to get clouds and flavour either. You don't have to produce attention seeking clouds if you don't want to.
OK, some have a tendency to leak, especially if you've just topped up. Some are for the house only (glass topped or insane cloud chasers) but some also leak less than tanks and are are genuinely pocket friendly, so much so that I'm more likely to take a couple of drippers to work these days than risk an RTA leaking.

I confess, I'm going through a bit more juice now ... but not stupidly more.

So, what other excuses have you got not to give it a try? ;) You know you want to ...

Lol, you're right, I do.

What's your recommendation for a tasty, no leak, single coil dripper?

This is a fairly comprehensive review of a clone, I didn't realize you could switch to single coil airflow on these, big bonus.

I shouldn't watch videos really.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a fairly comprehensive review of a clone, I didn't realize you could switch to single coil airflow on these, big bonus.

I shouldn't watch videos really.... ;)

I have got a magma clone, I'm pretty sure it is that exact sku. It's good, but not my favourite. Unfortunately my favourite is dual coil so probably isn't what your looking for. However if you are shopping on fasttech and considering getting more than one, try putting a 1:1 tobh in your basket. I might be alone in this but I find it leaks less than my magma and gives me better flavour. It is one of the cheapest 1:1 RDA's on fasttech so worth a punt for a giggle if you're that way inclined.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same spot as you schlinky, just ordered my first two RDA's the other day with some help from forum folk. Ended up with the Magma clone and an IGO-L, cheap enough to have a mess with and see how things go.

Diche put me on my way with some wire and cotton recommendations too (:

I've just got to work out which one of my devices/batteries is going to be up to the job.

I use my Magma daily, pretty happy with it. If I can get a better top nut/screw down thingy for the veritable center post I'd be using this a lot more :(

That nut keeps ruining my coil & twisting it :(

Back
Top Bottom