What's new

Review EHPro Big Bear RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Were such a friendly and welcoming bunch aren't we.

But jokes aside he would not of posted anyway. So no loss there.

It could just be that he doesn't have the time, isn't on the app or logged in here all the time so doesn't see alerts etc. Maybe if he reads this he will take a bit of time to come over a bit more.

strikes me as a symbiotic relationship they give us the visuals we give them the exposure....fair trade?

Ok, I've thought about this .....

Most of these reviews are essentially advertisements for the products, there's a reason the companies are happy to send reviewers stuff for free, because it's a cheap as chips way and effective way to promote their gear to us. So lets forget about the reviewers for a moment and look at what EHPro are getting out of this relationship, they are getting massive exposure for a new tank. That's the symbiotic relationship, between the reviewer and the manufacturer. ... and one cannot really exist without the other. The companies now know that in such a crowded market that's moving this fast if they don't send their products to the youtube reviewers then that product can almost completely pass people by. So yeah I see that it's of mutual benefit to both.

It's also of some benefit to us as consumers, like you said we get to see the item in close up and in some detail before deciding if we want to spend our money on it, we get some build tips or whatever.... all good stuff.

The question is how the forum fits into this?

.... and I mean the forum itself and the forum owners specifically. To me it doesn't seem like a very good relationship.

Lets pretend for a moment that I write a vaping blog and I get sent free stuff for review all the time, my blog gets loads of hits a day and is one of the go to places to find out about a new product. People can comment of my blog and I will be happy to answer those questions posted on my blog, I'm doing good, I get free vaping gear almost every day and I get some revenue from the advertising on my blog.

Now lets pretend that my only contributions to this forum are that almost everyday I will post a link in the reviews section to my blog.... It looks something like this

Review EHPro Big Bear RDTA

The EHPro Big Bear is EHPro's release into the RDTA market. With a design that vapers who use the Limitless RDTA design will recognise but with a deck and tank structure that makes the latest offering from EHPro a little bit different to the run of the mill top coil RDTA design.

Split tank sections so you can put two different juices in, with an included blocker so you can single coil it and with a different spin on the dual post velocity deck it makes for an interesting tank.

ww.blogspotty/simong/vapeblog

Read the review on my blog for close up pictures and full details!

..... I'm not sure how the forum benefits from that? It's essentially the same thing apart from in youtube's case it would be "Watch my video on youtube to find out all the details ..... don't forget to like and subscribe!"

I think I've come to the conclusion that the forum should get something back from that, I'm not convinced it is a 'fair trade' .... for you and me maybe, for the forum owners I'm not so sure.

Most of these reviews are essentially advertisements for the products, there's a reason the companies are happy to send reviewers stuff for free, because it's a cheap as chips way and effective way to promote their gear to us. So lets forget about the reviewers for a moment and look at what EHPro are getting out of this relationship, they are getting massive exposure for a new tank. That's the symbiotic relationship, between the reviewer and the manufacturer. ... and one cannot really exist without the other. The companies now know that in such a crowded market that's moving this fast if they don't send their products to the youtube reviewers then that product can almost completely pass people by. So yeah I see that it's of mutual benefit to both.

It's also of some benefit to us as consumers, like you said we get to see the item in close up and in some detail before deciding if we want to spend our money on it, we get some build tips or whatever.... all good stuff.

.... and I mean the forum itself and the forum owners specifically. To me it doesn't seem like a very good relationship.

Lets pretend for a moment that I write a vaping blog and I get sent free stuff for review all the time, my blog gets loads of hits a day and is one of the go to places to find out about a new product. People can comment of my blog and I will be happy to answer those questions posted on my blog, I'm doing good, I get free vaping gear almost every day and I get some revenue from the advertising on my blog.

Now lets pretend that my only contributions to this forum are that almost everyday I will post a link in the reviews section to my blog.... It looks something like this

The EHPro Big Bear is EHPro's release into the RDTA market. With a design that vapers who use the Limitless RDTA design will recognise but with a deck and tank structure that makes the latest offering from EHPro a little bit different to the run of the mill top coil RDTA design.

Split tank sections so you can put two different juices in, with an included blocker so you can single coil it and with a different spin on the dual post velocity deck it makes for an interesting tank.

..... I'm not sure how the forum benefits from that? It's essentially the same thing apart from in youtube's case it would be "Watch my video on youtube to find out all the details ..... don't forget to like and subscribe!"

I think I've come to the conclusion that the forum should get something back from that, I'm not convinced it is a 'fair trade' .... for you and me maybe, for the forum owners I'm not so sure.

Could of not said it any better dude. I think the only way POTV will benefit from this, as I said, is to make the reviewers who post here type a link to POTV in there YouTube video description. That will be a brilliant way forward and vic can keep posting he's reviews here and carry on not saying a word to anyone here after he's OP.

Thanks for taking the time, you make a number of points and save the most salient til last any decisions fall into the remit of the boards owners and not the self appointed board 'police'

Thanks for taking the time, you make a number of points and save the most salient til last any decisions fall into the remit of the boards owners and not the self appointed board 'police'

Agreed, I can see both sides of this and to be honest I'm glad it's not me that has to make any decisions. :)

Before this came up here I just presumed that it 'was the way it was' and the forum owners were happy for it to be like that, but after it became clear that wasn't exactly the case, it made me think about it ..... it's a pity this discussion didn't happen in it's own thread really as I don't think this is specifically about Vic, well it isn't for me anyway and I don't think it should be...

... anyway I've spend enough time on here today, I'd better crack on with what I'm supposed to be doing. I have a rare 'night out' tonight too, yay!

Catch you later, I hope your weekend is filled with joy! :D Mucho respecto for making a stand for what you believe is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom