What's new

European Union countries push for EU-wide flavour ban

Toby iVapour

Vendor
The European Council - the most powerful legislative body in the European Union - will debate proposals for an EU-wide flavour ban for all nicotine products in a session on 21st June.
The first [document], authored by Latvia and supported by Cyprus, Estonia, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia and Spain, is titled a “call for action to protect young people from harm caused by novel tobacco and nicotine products”.

The document claims that “the current approach EU level is not comprehensive enough as there are tobacco and nicotine products that are excluded from the flavour or characterising flavour EU-level ban, and there are differences in the regulation of this aspect between the Member States”.
EU countries with their own flavour bans are not able to implement them, the Latvian document claims, because cross border distance sales “is not fully banned at the EU level”. This means that “further common regulation at the EU level” is necessary.

big_brother_is_watching_you-2347000984.jpg

Hopefully enough of them will give this proposal the middle finger but hey ho politicians love a bandwagon.

There were elections recently. Yet they are pushing the lgislation trying to slide it in before the ppl having the brain will sit their chairs?
I would certainly NOT expecting such a move... actually knowing the EU nobody would expect that they will try to push the legislation before the idea will be flushed in the toilette, right?
Yes, they cannot protect YOUNGSTERS and new born kids by age restricting the product, certainly.

With the big smile on my Slavic face I am awaiting when they will order all men to leave their rape tools alone while leaving the houses.

Back
Top Bottom