What's new

Fasttech goodies :)

mrHAIRYface

Postman
Ordered myself a kraken, taifun and vivi nova. Got them all on seperate orders as the shipping time for the kraken isn't changing online, and as all shipping is free thought I'd do it this way. Do fasttech stop sending anytime round Xmas? Not that I'll receive them then, probably arrive start of January if the royal mail aren't on holiday still. So pumped as I'll have my brass nemmy, first, second chimney Atty if you include the pro tank as my first and my first genny, if the kraken ever ships :D

Good news,ive got the kraken and its the best gennie ive tried,loads of flavor due to the little chamber,and big clouds at less than 1 ohm,dont hold your breath though,my last order from FT was nearly 4 weeks think some peeps have waited 8:28:

Think I waited about 6 weeks for my vamo as that was when everything there side was changing over, ordered two other at ties desperately so hopefully get one delivered a little bit earlier

Before you use the Kraken, I'd check the discussion section on the product page at fasttech carefully if you haven't already. Some people have been getting shorts due to a machining problem, and a lot of people seem to be effected by bad taste due to machine oil left behind in the center post (there's now a thread there suggesting that the insulator might be causing a bad taste in some cases too).

Mine wasn't shorting, but I took it to bits anyway, and found the same machining problem in the center post (people with shorts must have just had it worse). More worrying was quite a lot of horrible smelling machine oil in the screw hole on the positive pin, and in the center post that the positive pin slides into. Some of which I don't think could be fully washed out without taking the thing completely to bits as it's behind insulator seals (but judging by reports probably allow it to seap out).

Both problems seem easy enough to fix (though getting the center pin and insulators out is a bit of a pain). There's full instructions and a video posted up at fasttech.

I think I'll leave mine soaking over night before reassembling it to be on the safe side. Hopefully after a bit of drilling, it'll go back together easier than it came apart and still work.

Last edited:
Just dipped a small toe into the world of F/T by ordering some atty stands.
If all goes well I expect to be a regular on the Fast Tech forum :5:

Later.

Paul.

i have 4 orders in the mix at the mo...125 ish in value but split into 4 and then each has a different shipping method...i have notification that 3 of them have shipped already.not checked the tracking though as i prefer to just sit and wait :)

Fasttech isn't really the problem unless you're waiting for an item to come into stock - it's bloody Singpost.
I've had a few things sitting in the Singpost depot for over 10 days without moving, sometimes things I've ordered at a later date will ship before the earlier ones.

They seem pretty random.

Back
Top Bottom