What's new

Finally tried tc

bergkamp

Achiever
After Best part of 10 years vaping I've finally given tc a go and I'm pretty Impressed with it.
My setup is very old school - kanger protank 4 and geekvape aegis max 2 mod.
Finally ran out of kanger Clapton coils which I bulk purchased years ago for a quid a box. So have had to go onto the ni200 coils I also stocked up on for the same price . They have been sat In the back of my cupboard for years untouched but I have to say I should have switched to tc years ago.
I'm a lorry driver and chain vape heavily so tc has been a game changer for me , coil life has massively improved and im not getting dry hits when I haven't noticed my juice is running low .
So I've got a fair few packs of ni200 coils to last me a while but can anyone recommend me a newer stock coil tc tank for when I run out ?
Must be able to get a bubble glass as want at least 5ml and don't want the latest and greatest as would rather buy something that's end of life and be able to bulk buy the coils on the cheap.
I have got shitloads of uwell rafale ss coils and tried those on ss mode in my crown 2 but the vape was shit . Is this because ss is not as good as ni200 or would this be because of my mod ss mode ?
Cheers

I switched Full Time about 4 years ago Boss when the tremors were impacting horribly on my building skills (such as they were!)
Now I can't see me really bothering to go back to regular Wattage vaping? As you say the anti Faff factor out ways all the Naysaying.

Took me a while to find the settings I like but now I have think I will be sticking with it , bit strange at first the inhale not getting warmer at the end of a draw but for a chain vaper like me it just makes more sense as over the course of the day it is a more reliable and consistent vape rather than burning through a coil a day

I'm not sure if this is particularly helpful but the resistance of SS316 coils can be critical in getting a decent TC vape. Because the resistance of SS wires only increases by a small percentage when heated you need a resistance of at least 0.30, preferably higher, to give the chipset a fighting chance of being able to accurately read the resistance increase and respond in time. Another potential issue is 'complex coils' like claptoned wire can also cause problems as the different gauge wires may not heat up at the same rate and the chipset can't identify the different resistance of the different wires - it will try to respond to the overall resistance increase of the coil and it probably won't work very well.

I'm just starting my 7th year of vaping so things like old school Kanger tanks and coils are a complete mystery to me - but if the supply of SS coils you have aren't above 0.30 resistance and coiled with anything other than regular round-wire then I'd just use them in regular wattage mode

Is this because ss is not as good as ni200 or would this be because of my mod ss mode ?
Many manufacturers from back then (and probably still to this day) used what they called NR-R-NR wire for their SS coils. The legs were Nickel, the core SS. This caused shitty SS performance because they didn't tell anyone. Joyetech mods worked with their prebuilt SS coils in their tanks, but not if you rolled your own. Years later they changed to the norm. Same thing with the Uwell Crown 3, nickel legs. I imagine the same for your Rafale.

The reason for Nickel legs were so that the current would pass very quickly through it and not destroy that insulator at the bottom to heat up and burn.
claptoned wire can also cause problems as the different gauge wires may not heat up at the same rably ridicuate and the chipset can't identify the different resistance of the different wires
Pretty much. The resistance of a coil is seen as one unit value by the mod. Using all the same material type and thinking of a circuit, they all enter and leave the coil at the same time. The outer wrap, is anywhere from 10-20 or more times longer than the core wires and its individual resistance is laughably high. Hence, they're really there just for the show and are heated by the core wires.

Back
Top Bottom