What's new

Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate of mine used to get drunk every night for 'pain relief' ... it didn't stop him being an alcoholic.

anyway, sorry I just can't get behind you here. I completely understand why illegal drug use isn't an acceptable topic on the forum. I think your annoyance should be aimed elsewhere.

Do I wish companies weren't putting CBD in e-liquid? Do I think it's probably a very ineffective way to use CBD? Do I think it's expensive and just one of a long line of gimmicks in vaping? Do I think that genuine smoking cessation vaping should keep as far away from 'vaping products for other reasons' as much as possible..... yes, I do.

I also think that giving or looking for medical advice on the forum (which isn't about nicotine replacement) should be discouraged.

because booze is an addicrive drug it's no different to Heroin. Weed is not addictive. I spent the first 2 years as a vaper vaping only. I started feeling issues arising through tramadol use, so went back to using. My point here is i stopped for 2 years without any problems so it isn't addictive like booze and tramadol which i had to wean myself off by lowering the dose a bit at a time.
I feel the vape forum should be for vaping only in the sense of keeping folks away from smoking.
as said Americans vape cannabis oil but may use the forum. So the ban affects them too. It does seem like a no win situation, banning talk about weed but allowing talk on cannabinoids. Besides that you can buy CBD weed from some places.
Maybe a banner on the forum stating views on POTV are not the views of the admin etc, similar to the reviews section, where it states that people add a disclaimer saying it isn't POTV's view when they put a negative review.
There's got to be a better way to do things than the current way. Proofs there it isn't working hence the requests by admin not to talk about it. It's still happening and i don't think there's a way to stop it unless it's a ban. A ban for me would probably mean i find another forum maybe not a vape forum, just so i have something to pass time.

Sorry mate, but that statement really is bullshit.

it is the truth man, i don't make up BS about myself . Why do you think it is addictive, as said i stopped dead a few years back with no issue of addiction, no shakes no sweating no issues like Booze or heroin users get. Some folks may have issues because we are all different no matter if you copy everyone else or not you are still an individual so some things differ from person to person.

it is the truth man, i don't make up BS about myself . Why do you think it is addictive, as said i stopped dead a few years back with no issue of addiction, no shakes no sweating no issues like Booze or heroin users get. Some folks may have issues because we are all different no matter if you copy everyone else or not you are still an individual so some things differ from person to person.

I "think" it's addictive because it is.

It may not be as chemically addictive as other substances, but it's definitely psychologically addictive in the exact same way as gambling or computer gaming can be.

You are again using a sample of one - fine, you stopped using. I know people who simply cannot stop using even though they say they want to.

Both my parents stopped smoking cigarettes years ago, just stopped - no shakes, no sweats - taking that sample of two does that mean nicotine isn't addictive?

Your personal experience quite honestly doesn't carry weight and most certainly cannot be used to make blanket statements such as you have been doing throughout this thread.

if you want to discuss weed on a forum why not join a weed forum? there are plenty of them out there.

because booze is an addicrive drug it's no different to Heroin. Weed is not addictive. I spent the first 2 years as a vaper vaping only. I started feeling issues arising through tramadol use, so went back to using. My point here is i stopped for 2 years without any problems so it isn't addictive like booze and tramadol which i had to wean myself off by lowering the dose a bit at a time.

Everyone is different, I can go months and months without having a drink (and often do) I could stop drinking altogether if I wanted... so clearly it's not like heroin to me is it? The Saturday before yesterday I went out, drank plenty, a few glasses of wine, several rum and ginger ales, and several other spirit based drinks. I've not had a drink since or felt any urge to have one. So if we are just talking about personal experience... no, I don't find alcohol addictive at all. I probably won't drink again until my birthday at the end next month and only then if I go out for something to eat. I find it less addictive than tea.... seriously.

I feel the vape forum should be for vaping only in the sense of keeping folks away from smoking.

I don't really disagree, although the forum does allow 'off topic' chat and that's exactly why CBD isn't in the main 'E-cig discussion' section or even the 'advanced vaping' sections, .... it's not in any of the 'regular vaping' sections, which I agree with.

There's got to be a better way to do things than the current way.

Maybe? I don't know what that might be though, I think the forum handled it pretty well when it first became a 'thing' ... when companies like Dinner Lady started coming out with CBD liquids it really couldn't be ignored, it had to be talked about and discussed, so a section was created for that away from 'nicotine vaping' which I think was probably the best way to treat it. I'm not convinced anything has changed enough to warrant a change to that.

Last edited:
I was psychologically addicted to weed for over half my life. I don't think we should ban the CBD section though. The mods are hardly playing Turbo Whack-a-Mole with posts about weed... they pop up occasionally and get removed, as they did before there was a CBD section.

Everyone is different, I can go months and months without having a drink (and often do) I could stop drinking altogether if I wanted... so clearly it's not like heroin to me is it? The Saturday before yesterday I went out, drank plenty, a few glasses of wine, several rum and ginger ales, a several other spirit based drinks. I've not had a drink since or felt any urge to have one. So if we are just talking about personal experience... no, I don't find alcohol addictive at all. I probably won't drink again until my birthday at the end next month and only then if I go out for something to eat. I find it less addictive than tea.... seriously.

I don't really disagree, although the forum does allow 'off topic' chat and that's exactly why CBD isn't in the main 'E-cig discussion' section or even the 'advanced vaping' sections, .... it's not in any of the 'regular vaping' sections, which I agree with.

Maybe? I don't know what that might be though, I think the forum handled it pretty well when it first became a 'thing' ... when companies like Dinner Lady started coming out with CBD liquids it really couldn't be ignored, it had to be talked about and discussed, so a section was created for that away from 'nicotine vaping' which I think was probably the best way to treat it. I'm not convinced anything has changed enough to warrant a change to that.

Si the first bit you mentioned a mate who's an alcoholic, alcoholics are addicts the same way as heroin addicts are. Anyone can have a drink or few without issue but not addicts My mate can drink lager and he isn't to bad. However the second he touches Vodka that's him done and he goes into a zombie, sllep wake drink and smoke a fag and he' passes out for a couple hours , wakes and repeats. I put him up for a week when his Mrs kicked him out, in the end i made him go Hospital, they dried him out he went home and back to lager. My point here is smoking w is not addictive, i stopped all smoking in 2015 when i started to vape, had no issues, i have 2 mates who are alcoholics and i have seen what their addictions have caused, one of them still drinks even though he has a bad liver and other stuff, He has drank about the same amount of time i smoked w. Drinking and me, diabetes makes it so i can't go over the top incase it reacts with my Insulin and causes a low sugar level and thats not good if i am passed out. If not i could go the opposite and high sugar causes me to go comatose apart from waking to vomit etc. So i am careful with booze.

All i was trying to say from the start is, more needs to be considered on this subject rather than how it is now, that's not upto me but unless it is braught up nothing will be done or thought about. My aim was to show that there are things that could be done to prevent the chat.
This came about due to 2 threads that where locked and i couldn't voice my opinion in those threads. Folks have called me out cos they don't get me, all i was attempting to do was help the Mods with my suggestion of removing the CBD section to see if weed talk goes away.
with my sight i struggle to write up things so i do miss stuff out at times. It's a bugger scrolling up down and across to read etc, as i have to enlarge the screen so i can read. Takes a lot of time for me so i make mistakes or i don't come across as i mean.
This is something that others don't know or realise, some do, but more dont. This is why i get pissed off at times mate

My point here is smoking w is not addictive

yeah, I don't agree. It might not be addictive for you, that's all ... same as me and alcohol.

All i was trying to say from the start is, more needs to be considered on this subject rather than how it is now, that's not upto me but unless it is braught up nothing will be done or thought about. My aim was to show that there are things that could be done to prevent the chat.
This came about due to 2 threads that where locked and i couldn't voice my opinion in those threads. Folks have called me out cos they don't get me, all i was attempting to do was help the Mods with my suggestion of removing the CBD section to see if weed talk goes away.

It might... but then CBD vaping chat would move into the 'regular' vaping areas and I don't think that's a good trade off. I think how it is now is fine, sorry but I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom