What's new

FREEMAX MAXUS 100W

BigCloud

Veteran
I was very kindly sent two kits by Freemaxtech for review, lets take a look at the Maxus 100.

The Maxus 100 comes nicely packaged in a biggish box as its a nice sized device with a picture of your device on the front and on the back of the box it has the contents and specs listed , with a scratch and scan authentication code on the side of the box.

I got sent the black/red version for testing but is also available in blue/green orange/black yellow/blue green/orange and red/yellow making 6 in total.

In the box you get

1 Freemax Maxus 100W VW Mod
1 Freemax Fireluke 3 Tank Resin Edition (Freemax 904L X2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm pre-installed)
1 Extra Freemax 904L X1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm
1 Extra Glass Tube 5ml (Individual packaging of extra glass for TPD edition)
1 18650 battery adapter sleeve
1 Extra O-ring
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 Warning Card
1 Warranty Card
1 User Manual

Specs

Maxus 100W VW Mod
Output Voltage: 0.7-7.5V
Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
Output Wattage: 5-100W/100--315℃/200--600℉
Output Mode: Power/VPC/Bypass/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
Battery: 21700/20700/18650 (SmartLoad Tech - Load at Will)
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Size: L90.2 W37.5 H28mm

Features

Compatible with 21700/20700/18650 battery
SmartLoad Tech
Advanced COILTECH 4.0 for rich flavor and rich clouds
Type-C USB port, 2A fast charging
Military grade SS904L mesh and tea fiber cotton
Multiple output modes and smart coil detection function

Multiple protections

Low Resistance Protection
Open Circuit Protection
10s Timeout protection
Overcharge Protection
Short Circuit Protection
High-Temp Protection
Low Voltage Protection

Fireluke 3 Tank

Size: L49 D27.5mm
Capacity: 3ml/5ml
Working Wattage: 20-90W
Material: SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/SS/Resin
Thread: 510
Drip Tip: 810

In the box underneath the Maxus 100 you will have another box containg the O-rings USB-C cable battery adapter sleeve etc.

box.jpg

MAXUS 100W

This is a single battery box mod however it accepts 18650/20700 and 21700 batteries and again constructed from Zinc-Alloy with a wattage range of 5 -100 watts going up in 1 watt increments.

On the black non removeable side panel the name of the mod is displayed in white print MAXUS 100w.

To insert the battery,again at the base of the graffiti style panel there will be a small cut out making it easy to lift up from the magnets that hold it in place, and gain access to the battery compartment and again it has smart load technology clearly marked in the battery compartment so you can insert the battery any way you like , making sure to get the ribbon behind it for easy pull removal.

batteries.jpg

Outfitted with the FM MAXUS-Chip 1.0 it has a nice bright OLED screen making it easy to read the display which consits of remaining battery power wattage puff counter ohms and voltage.The buttons are nice clicky and responsive with the USB-C port again just under the wattage down button but again no silicone protection bung.Turning the Mod over on the base you will have your battery vent holes 5 in total.

The 510 plate is centered.

centred.jpg

The removeable graffiti style side panel has zero play/movement.

Like its big brother the MAXUS 200 to lock the device press both the +/- simultaneously for 1 second and it will flash up on the screen key locked but will NOT show a padlock to remind you its locked, when you unlock it will flash up key unlocked.

Again to access the menu and options its exactly the same as the MAXUS 200,3 clicks on the fire button will take you into the menu use the +/- to scroll into the options available.

Mode

Power (Watts)
VPC (power Curve)
Bypass (Mech Style Vape)
TC/TI (Temp control Titanium)
TC/SS (Temp control Stainless Steel)
TC/NI (Temp control Nickel)
TCR 1/2/3 (+/- to set)

Set

Screen timeout (5-15 seconds)
Coil test (turn coil test on or off)
Puff Counter (can be reset)
Time
*C/*F
Reset (factory reset)

Info

Battery (Displays volts)
Version (of device)
Temp (of Device)

Useage

I have used the device for a week now with all 3 sizes of battery obviously the 18650 gives less runtime than the 20700 and the 21700 giving you the best runtime, which is to be expected, and dependant on wattage used battery life will vary. Im sure most people would be using this with the 21700 for improved battery life.

The power/fire button is excellent once pressed it fires instantly and have had zero misfires from it.

After the coil was primed (Freemax 904L X2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm) and the tank filled i left it to sit for about 10-15 mins to allow the juice to soak into the coil,then started at the low with the watts gradually working my up every 7 or so puffs at 5 watts with each increase the flavour improves by the time i had got to 65 watts the flavour was superb as were the clouds it produced (i found this to be my sweetspot for the juice i was using)The tank is quite airy but to be expected from a sub ohm tank when airflow is closed down not as airy.

I did use the TC/NI function and again it worked great, as did the bypass mode,so i have no doubt the other functions will work just as well.

Fireluke 3

This came fitted with the Straight 2ml (TPD) glass tank but all the glass replacement tanks from the fireluke range will fit so i swapped it over to give it a larger capacity.

IMG_3716.JPG

This is an upgrade to the fireluke range of tanks with two differences the first being the visible chunky knurling around the base of the AFC making it easy to adjust and the top fill slide mechanisim,the slide fill mechanisim now has 3 steel balls (not Visible) giving more friction but making it easy to slide open and secure when closed.

Filling the tank is the same as before just find the red tab located underneath the FreeMax logo and slide it backwards to reveal the kidney fill port then just squeeze in your juice.
fl3.jpg

The coils still screw into the tank in the same way as before.

Coils

These are the latest coils from freemax with military grade SS904L mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton formula FM COILTECH 4.0
coil.jpg

Nice big wicking ports

Coil Specs

Freemax 904L X1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (40W-80W, Best 70W)
Freemax 904L X2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm (40W-80W, Best 70W)
Freemax 904L X2 Mesh Coil 0.5ohm (20W-50W, Best 45W)
Freemax 904L X3 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (50W-90W, Best 80W)
Freemax 904L X4 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (40W-80W, Best 70W)

However All the SS904L X Mesh Coils are compatible with Fireluke 2 and Fireluke Mesh and vice versa which makes for a lot of coil choices.

TX1 SS316L 0.12ohm (400-550℉)
TX1 0.15ohm (40-90W)
TX2 0.2ohm (40-80W)
TNX2 0.5ohm (20-50W)
TX3 0.15ohm (50-90W)
TX4 0.15ohm (40-80W)

X1 SS316L 0.12ohm (400-550℉)
X1 0.15ohm (40-90W)
X2 0.2ohm (40-80W)
NX2 0.5ohm (20-50W)
X3 0.15ohm (50-90W)
X4 0.15ohm (40-80W)

Verdict

A great little pocket friendly Mod that has lots of features with a superb tank compatible with all coils from previous versions really good on flavour and clouds whats not to like?
Would i recommend this device YES i have really enjoyed using it and im sure ill be picking up another Fireluke 3 tank at some point.

Pros

Smart Load Tech
Build Quality
All coils from the fireluke range are compatible
Great Flavour
USB-C
Great Flavour

Cons (niggles)

No display on screen to remind you device is locked.
No silicone bung for USB Port

pick the MAXUS 100 up here
https://www.sourcemore.com/freemax-maxus-100w-kit-with-fireluke-3-tank.html
Fireluke 3 here
https://www.sourcemore.com/freemax-fireluke-3-tank.html

Once again a huge thanks to @Freemaxtech for sending me this to review

Check the FreeMax website for more product information
https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxus-100w-kit/
https://www.freemaxvape.com/fireluke-3

Last edited:
Almost the same like the Maxus 200 but a bit more portable and docile, right?

If I would a new vaper or if I would serach for an ADV sub-ohm kit, I think I would choose this one. Coils still impressive Vs the "Pros" and liquid consumption must be moderate (nonetheless, who cares if flavour and vapor prod. is so good...)

TBCH I dont like the new color mixing at all. To my eyes, it makes this great device look funny, cheap ... or dull you know. And its not.

Last edited:
Almost the same like the Maxus but a bit more portable and docile, right?

If I would a new vaper or if I would serach for an ADV sub-ohm kit, I think I would choose this one. Coils still impressive Vs the "Pros" and liquid consumption must be moderate (nonetheless, who cares if flavour and vapor prod. is so good...)

TBCH I dont like the new color mixing at all. To my eyes, it makes this great device look funny, cheap ... or dull you know. And its not.

for someone that wants a pocket freindly sub-ohm kit this ticks all the boxes and saves on a bit of juice over the bigger kit wouldnt call it docile thought still impressive for its size ;) the graffiti syling some will love it and some will hate it tbh i dont mind it at all thought i would buts its actually ok kinda grows on you:D

Back
Top Bottom