What's new

Ggeekvape aegis 100w vape why am I losing wattage when I vape

he is stating that the firing wattage is going down as he vapes on it, yes that can happen when a battery is low in power, also when a battery is old, how old is the battery? I have it on 21700 batteries when they are getting down to low power, grab a couple of new 21700 batteries from fogstar, but you probably need to give us a bit more info on what battery and rating it is and make, as that could be the issue more than the mod itself

*edit* sorry I should read properly before my response, but even if new battery, need to know what make and rating it is, this could be a factor

Sony VTC5A by the looks of it. Should be alright, decent battery.
shouldn't the details be actually imprinted on the wrap rather than on a sticker on top of the wrap

where did you buy it from?

could be a fake / inferior battery with a sticker on it, all the batteries i have bought from fogstar etc have the details on the wrap with a qr code
Image%20(20).jpeg

Probably not this, but are you sure it's in wattage mode and not temperature control mode?

*I don't have one, no idea how easy it would be to make that mistake.

shouldn't the details be actually imprinted on the wrap rather than on a sticker on top of the wrap

where did you buy it from?

could be a fake / inferior battery with a sticker on it, all the batteries i have bought from fogstar etc have the details on the wrap with a qr code View attachment 302044
That's a very good point. :thumbup:

Could peel the sticker off and see if there's any markings on the wrapper itself.

I don't have the mod, but is there a 'Smart' mode on it.
I have a mod that will lower the Watts in Smart mode as the battery runs down, but not if i keep it in Power mode.

I'll have to dig my Aegis 100W out of the cupboard and check, but I'm pretty sure when you press the fire button in wattage mode it just shows wattage as a constant with only voltage and puff length changing. I have a Gen 200 in my hand right now and that's the same. Wattage remains at what I set it too and only voltage and puff length fluctuates.

yeah all the ones i have used have stayed the same wattage when i vape but it is just confusing on why it is losing the power when i vape

You can pretty much guarantee that the battery is the problem. The colour of the wrap doesn't mean much - it could just as easily be Samsung 25R or a VTC5 as a VTC5a (and there are a lot of bogus ones around). All that sticker claims is it has a capacity of 2500mah so it could be any donor cell.

If you've previously used that battery as part of a paired set in your Smok mod it would have been running under as much load so you probably wouldn't notice it struggling unless you habitually vaped at really high wattage - if you bought the Geekvape mod with a free battery generally the freebie battery is pretty useless unless you get really lucky.

Personally I recommend you don't use an 18650 in your mod - if it can fit a 21700 then use one. I would recommend you buy a 21700 or two for your mod from Fogstar - as you vape it at 60 Watts make sure you buy a 21700 rated at a minimum of 25 Amps. There are a couple of 5,000mah 21700 batteries that may look promising but they are only rated at 15 Amps that are not suitable for you - don't buy them.

If you want to stick with 18650s only buy Molicel P26a, Molicel P28a or Sony VTC5a as you need genuine 25 Amp batteries (preferably from Fogstar as they sell genuine cells). Whatever you do - don't buy batteries from eBay, Amazon or any place online that looks cheap - if you bought those batteries from a vape shop on the street Dont buy more of them as they are probably shit.

Fogstar have a discount code - POTV20.

he is stating that the firing wattage is going down as he vapes on it, yes that can happen when a battery is low in power, also when a battery is old, how old is the battery? I have it on 21700 batteries when they are getting down to low power, grab a couple of new 21700 batteries from fogstar, but you probably need to give us a bit more info on what battery and rating it is and make, as that could be the issue more than the mod itself

*edit* sorry I should read properly before my response, but even if new battery, need to know what make and rating it is, this could be a factor

thank you for your reply and what you said is exactly what i mean lol
i can oly put it down to the battery to be honest, I had my smok for 2 yearsish and that was ok then the same thing happened and them battery's were 2 years old

but my geekvape is a brand new battery which i have shown in this thread, but i am just thinking that it isn't working great because i need the 21700 battery

thank you for your reply and what you said is exactly what i mean lol
i can oly put it down to the battery to be honest, I had my smok for 2 yearsish and that was ok then the same thing happened and them battery's were 2 years old

but my geekvape is a brand new battery which i have shown in this thread, but i am just thinking that it isn't working great because i need the 21700 battery

Could you post a picture of the screen on the Aegis? Might help to rule out if it is a setting problem. Honestly you should grab some Molicel P45B's from Fogstar anyway, will make the world of difference.

Back
Top Bottom