What's new

Ggeekvape aegis 100w vape why am I losing wattage when I vape

You can pretty much guarantee that the battery is the problem. The colour of the wrap doesn't mean much - it could just as easily be Samsung 25R or a VTC5 as a VTC5a (and there are a lot of bogus ones around). All that sticker claims is it has a capacity of 2500mah so it could be any donor cell.

If you've previously used that battery as part of a paired set in your Smok mod it would have been running under as much load so you probably wouldn't notice it struggling unless you habitually vaped at really high wattage - if you bought the Geekvape mod with a free battery generally the freebie battery is pretty useless unless you get really lucky.

Personally I recommend you don't use an 18650 in your mod - if it can fit a 21700 then use one. I would recommend you buy a 21700 or two for your mod from Fogstar - as you vape it at 60 Watts make sure you buy a 21700 rated at a minimum of 25 Amps. There are a couple of 5,000mah 21700 batteries that may look promising but they are only rated at 15 Amps that are not suitable for you - don't buy them.

If you want to stick with 18650s only buy Molicel P26a, Molicel P28a or Sony VTC5a as you need genuine 25 Amp batteries (preferably from Fogstar as they sell genuine cells). Whatever you do - don't buy batteries from eBay, Amazon or any place online that looks cheap - if you bought those batteries from a vape shop on the street Dont buy more of them as they are probably shit.

Fogstar have a discount code - POTV20.

i have had a look and i am going to buy this type of one do we think that will be ok

Molicel P42A 21700 Battery
21700/4200mAh/30A

Could you post a picture of the screen on the Aegis? Might help to rule out if it is a setting problem. Honestly you should grab some Molicel P45B's from Fogstar anyway, will make the world of difference.
20221215_165043.jpg

Could you post a picture of the screen on the Aegis? Might help to rule out if it is a setting problem. Honestly you should grab some Molicel P45B's from Fogstar anyway, will make the world of difference.

i have just posted a pic of the screen, like that now with that battery it is losing wattage when i vape
plus if anybody can help me with settings i need then that would be very helpful,as i can only seem to change the coil thing once and clear the puff count

Just dug out my Aegis, put in a 1/2 charged P26A I've had for over a year and the wattage stays at 40W with every draw.

Just dug out my Aegis, put in a 1/2 charged P26A I've had for over a year and the wattage stays at 40W with every draw.

so i may have a shitty brand new battery then,great waste of money i wouldnt mind it is from my vape shop i get my liquid from coils etc

i have just posted a pic of the screen, like that now with that battery it is losing wattage when i vape
plus if anybody can help me with settings i need then that would be very helpful,as i can only seem to change the coil thing once and clear the puff count

Don't worry - your mod is in Power (Wattage) Mode. If you were in TC mode the dropping Wattage would be normal, but that isn't the case so you don't have to tinker with the settings.

It is probably your battery that is weak - but make sure the battery contacts of the mod and the threading of the battery cap are clean as this can cause problems if they are dirty.

Sorry if this sounds insulting, but you said you have a Geekvape 100. Both the 18650 and 21700 versions of the Aegis are 100W. If you have the Aeigs Max then a 21700 will fit, if you have the older Aegis 100 then it only can use an 18650 (so you should only use VTC5a, P26a or P28a). If your mod is an Aergis Max, please ignore me lol.

Don't worry - your mod is in Power (Wattage) Mode. If you were in TC mode the dropping Wattage would be normal, but that isn't the case so you don't have to tinker with the settings.

It is probably your battery that is weak - but make sure the battery contacts of the mod and the threading of the battery cap are clean as this can cause problems if they are dirty.

Sorry if this sounds insulting, but you said you have a Geekvape 100. Both the 18650 and 21700 versions of the Aegis are 100W. If you have the Aeigs Max then a 21700 will fit, if you have the older Aegis 100 then it only can use an 18650 (so you should only use VTC5a, P26a or P28a). If your mod is an Aergis Max, please ignore me lol.

don't worry about insulting me lol (but you haven't)

sorry guys i may of missed some important information

i have got (my order infront of me) i have order the geekvape 100w aegis max kit

so i am using the 18650 battery with the adaptor in but i don't like using it as the battery is lose and wobbly if you know what i mean

i am just better buying the 21700 battery aint i

don't worry about insulting me lol (but you haven't)

sorry guys i may of missed some important information

i have got (my order infront of me) i have order the geekvape 100w aegis max kit

so i am using the 18650 battery with the adaptor in but i don't like using it as the battery is lose and wobbly if you know what i mean

i am just better buying the 21700 battery aint i

That's a relief - I was worried I may be pushing you into buying a 21700 battery for an 18650 mod lol.

Personally I will always use a 21700 battery in a mod if it can house one - they have more energy storage capacity and are more capable of running safely at higher power. The extra couple of quid they cost is probably the cheapest improvement you can buy.

Back
Top Bottom