What's new

Ggeekvape aegis 100w vape why am I losing wattage when I vape

Neil c

Initiate
Hello all Neil here new member

Just wandering if anybody can help m

I used to vape a smok morph,but decided to get a geekvape aegis 100w,I like the the mod

But I am losing wattage when I vape I currently have the 18650 battery in it do I need to put the 21700 battery in

But when I fire up and vape my wattage goes down,I start at 60w then it gradually goes down untill I stop after about 3-4 seconds.Why is this on full battery its ok once I lose a tiny bit of battery it starts happening but I am talking over 3/4 of battery life left
Surely this shouldn't happen

As I said the mod is brand new and a brand new battery

@Neil c

Welcome to the forum, Neil.

Which 18650 battery are you using? Never gonna get great battery life out of an 18650 at 60w but not all batteries are created equal.

Personally, at 60w in a single battery mod, I would use a 21700.

Last edited:
Hello all Neil here new member

Just wandering if anybody can help m

I used to vape a smok morph,but decided to get a geekvape aegis 100w,I like the the mod

But I am losing wattage when I vape I currently have the 18650 battery in it do I need to put the 21700 battery in

But when I fire up and vape my wattage goes down,I start at 60w then it gradually goes down untill I stop after about 3-4 seconds.Why is this on full battery its ok once I lose a tiny bit of battery it starts happening but I am talking over 3/4 of battery life left
Surely this shouldn't happen

As I said the mod is brand new and a brand new battery
Like already said what brand of 18650 you using? Personally I only use molicell & in my lost vape at 50w using a molicell I get about 1 & half days.

Wattage should be a constant shouldn't it? I've never seen it go down on any of my mods regardless of what the battery level is. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Welcome to the forum too btw ;)

Wattage should be a constant shouldn't it? I've never seen it go down on any of my mods regardless of what the battery level is. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Welcome to the forum too btw ;)
I don't have a Smok Morph but I have had several mods, and still have one, that shows the battery level under load when the fire button is pressed.

I don't have a smoke Morph but I have had several mods, and still have one, that shows the battery level under load when the fire button is pressed.

I'll have to dig my Aegis 100W out of the cupboard and check, but I'm pretty sure when you press the fire button in wattage mode it just shows wattage as a constant with only voltage and puff length changing. I have a Gen 200 in my hand right now and that's the same. Wattage remains at what I set it too and only voltage and puff length fluctuates.

An 18650 battery should be fine at that wattage and the watts shouldn't go down even when the battery is nearly drained. Something is amiss eith the settings or the mod.

I'll have to dig my Aegis 100W out of the cupboard and check, but I'm pretty sure when you press the fire button in wattage mode it just shows wattage as a constant with only voltage and puff length changing. I have a Gen 200 in my hand right now and that's the same. Wattage remains at what I set it too and only voltage and puff length fluctuates.

Meant to say I don't have an Aegis, not a Morph. I would imagine what you have in your hand would be the same. If the Aegis holds a steady wattage regardless of available battery then yeah, bad connection, coil, or just faulty.

Welcome to potv. I've never heard of a mod changing the set wattage irrespective of what the battery charge level is but maybe stick a 21700 in and see what happens.

That's the one I am using

@Neil c

Welcome to the forum, Neil.

Which 18650 battery are you using? Never gonna get great battery life out of an 18650 at 60w but not all batteries are created equal.

I am using this battery

Personally, at 60w in a single battery mod,

I would use a 21700.

Attachments

• 20221215_141228.jpg
    20221215_141228.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom