What's new

Why do my claptons lose 0.2 ohms when adding half a wrap?

It's not ribbon wire, it's thicker. Plain old wire is best for MTL I find, after all folks vaped on plain wire for years before Claptons were even a thing, I find heavier mass of coils just cooks the liquid and alters the flavour in ways that weren't intended.

At the end of the day, vape how it works for you, but I'm not for changing, but then again, I'm one of those oddballs that MTLs with TC.

It's not ribbon wire, it's thicker. Plain old wire is best for MTL I find, after all folks vaped on plain wire for years before Claptons were even a thing, I find heavier mass of coils just cooks the liquid and alters the flavour in ways that weren't intended.

A lot do agree with you, I see so many posts saying plain old wire is best for MTL which is what made me give it a good go for a while but it just wasn't the case for me. Will definitely give flatwire a try though, thanks.

Hmm no I haven't, flatwire is something that's never even crossed my mind to be honest. I'm definitely up to try it though, I'll have a look for some recommendations for MTL builds. Seems like the flatness might be a little awkward to work with?
Flatwire is a bit of a misnomer, it`s actually rectangular and very easy to work with and I`d try 6 0r 7 turns of 24 guage on a 3mm mandrel and see what that comes out at, if you fancy TC get stainless, you can still use it for wattage if you dont take to it.

I'm with you @sida

I much prefer fused claptons over simple single wire coils. Always have, always will. I don't use temp control tho. If I did, that would be the only time I'd choose a single wire coil.

I'm with you @sida

I much prefer fused claptons over simple single wire coils. Always have, always will. I don't use temp control tho. If I did, that would be the only time I'd choose a single wire coil.
Do you use fused claptons for MTL Mitz?

Do you use fused claptons for MTL Mitz?
Yeah, I use 32x2/38.

Edit: Will just add that I also used to use 30x2/38 and 32x2/40 quite a lot as well, but since drastically scalling back on my vape kit and the number of mtl setups I have, I've settled on 32x2/38 for about the last year or so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom