What's new

Greater Anglia Trains ban ecigs

Mark

Legend
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23618706

Not really news as all of the train companies seem to be following suit. This story was developed on my local BBC news last night. I was delighted to see Doodlebug appear at the back end of the story and despite some aggressive questioning by the local BBC frontman Stuart White, Katherine gave the real balanced perspective a lot of these reports don't bother with.

I tried to link the Look East video but its 'not available'

The decision, it is said, is based on 'BMA advice'. One question to Katherine was along the lines 'How can you possibly argue against the BMA? If they say they're bad ...they're bad surely?'
The sad thing is that the general public hold the BMA in high regard. It's a oddity that what is essentially a trade union carries such unwarranted weight.

That Katherine does get around so thanks to her once again.

Saw this on the news last night ,

On advice from the BMA ................... Crazy !

I've always had a problem with cigalikes , i dont think they do vaping any favours and every news clip i see is showing them .

Yeah Virgin Trains has banned them, but I put in an enquiry for Personal Vapourisers instead of electronic cigarette, so we will see!

What a load of rot. Just watched the clip and something ain't right. In that report BMA advise not to use on train etc. yet at the end the hospital lets you use them in your bed on the ward.

I posted a few weeks ago about Scotrail doing the same it's not just on the trains it's in all the stations too well in Scotland anyway

I've always had a problem with cigalikes , i dont think they do vaping any favours and every news clip i see is showing them .

This.

I'd add more but I'd just be cloning your post.

Its almost like there trying to bring in a ban in a sneaky way and if this keeps up, we will find ourselves backed into a corner by just pure ignorance and misinformation
:3dmad:

All the news reports are lobsided anyway. As someone has already said on the forum all you ever see is the lookalikes, you don't see someone with PV on any of them. Like many peeps out there I've also developed shinyitus and my pv looks nothing like a ciggie now. More like a small stainless steel flask. (starting to cost more than smoking but more enjoyable).

London Underground have just banned their STAFF from using them as they 'look like real cigarettes'

Transport For London staff have been banned from using electronic cigarettes at work because they are too realistic.

And customers may also be forbidden to “smoke” them in future, bosses at TfL say.

In an email to staff, the organisation writes: “E-cigarettes and nicotine inhalers are extremely difficult to differentiate from real cigarettes, therefore if someone uses an e-cigarette or nicotine inhaler in the workplace it might look like they are smoking a real cigarette.

“This is not the image we want to portray to customers and colleagues.”

Jill Collis, London Underground’s director of health, safety and environment said: “Smoking isn’t allowed on any part of the Tube network. Our staff are also not allowed to use electronic cigarettes whilst working. Those who wish to do so can smoke these during their breaks.

“We are currently looking at the issues around the use of electronic cigarettes by customers.”

Analysts predict the global market for e-cigarettes will expand from $2 billion to $3 billion (£1.3 billion to £1.9 billion) this year.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ube-commuters-could-face-ban-too-8751512.html

Last edited:
London Underground have just banned their STAFF from using them as they 'look like real cigarettes'

Transport For London staff have been banned from using electronic cigarettes at work because they are too realistic.

And customers may also be forbidden to “smoke” them in future, bosses at TfL say.

In an email to staff, the organisation writes: “E-cigarettes and nicotine inhalers are extremely difficult to differentiate from real cigarettes, therefore if someone uses an e-cigarette or nicotine inhaler in the workplace it might look like they are smoking a real cigarette.

“This is not the image we want to portray to customers and colleagues.”

Jill Collis, London Underground’s director of health, safety and environment said: “Smoking isn’t allowed on any part of the Tube network. Our staff are also not allowed to use electronic cigarettes whilst working. Those who wish to do so can smoke these during their breaks.

“We are currently looking at the issues around the use of electronic cigarettes by customers.”

Analysts predict the global market for e-cigarettes will expand from $2 billion to $3 billion (£1.3 billion to £1.9 billion) this year.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ube-commuters-could-face-ban-too-8751512.html

All this proves to me is that this company are not concerned about public health, it is more to do with the company image and public perception.

Back
Top Bottom