What's new

Greater Anglia Trains ban ecigs

I'm going to Penzance in a week's time

I've got to come back from Devon on a train on Saturday, I'm not phoning anybody.

If someone working for the rail company wants to explain to me why I am posing a danger to their staff and customers I'll be all ears.

Re: First Great Western Trains "I'll post any reply..."

No reply yet and I took 2 shots on their web-form, the first on the 16th and the reminder bump on the 21st so my guess is that they've taken the easy way out and ignored me.
I'll be sending a letter in writing. Meanwhile I'll just have to be as discrete as possible, keep my fingers crossed and hope I get no hassles.

OK... I just got back from Penzance and found a reply from FGW customer services.
It doesn't really make much sense to me. On the one hand they seem to be telling me that there is no specific ban but on the other hand they are telling me that I can't vape on platforms... make of it what you will.

"Thank you for your email of 17 August 2013, enquiring about our policy with regards to Electronic Cigarettes.

I have checked and can confirm that there is no specific policy regarding this and therefore there is currently no ban on using them on our services. However, please note that smoking was banned in all Welsh stations including platforms, shelters and waiting rooms, before the legislation applied to England. As of 1 July 2007 the same ban applies to all First Great Western stations in England. So now all our trains and our stations - including platforms, shelters, waiting rooms, toilets and every other area - are now smoke-free. You will see notices up confirming the ban, when you're at a station or on a train. Therefore you will not be able to smoke an electronic cigarette at the station platform.

Thank you once again for contacting us and I trust that this information will be useful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely

XXXX XXXXXXXXXX
Customer Services Advisor

So now all our trains and our stations - including platforms, shelters, waiting rooms, toilets and every other area - are now smoke-free. You will see notices up confirming the ban, when you're at a station or on a train. Therefore you will not be able to smoke an electronic cigarette at the station platform
Its not SMOKING you muppets! They seem to be saying that using your ecig isn't banned but as 'smoking' is banned...so is your ecig. Classic ignorance! There is no 'therefore' :banghead:

Was just about to spout off along the same lines

Bellends!

Someone in among the big wigs of these companies must of looked into what electronic cigs / vaping is

Just your typical polite fob off :mad:

Back
Top Bottom